2020 GMC Sierra Denali Lease

How’s it going? I’m having trouble negotiating a deal on a 1500 Denali. Incentives are scarce for 2020’s but the numbers I’ve gotten for 19’s are worse due to crappy residual. Now I’m no noob when it comes to leases but I’m getting shot down by multiple dealers (8 of them) for trying to get 10%-12% off msrp before incentives. Am I asking for too much? Attached below is a deal from a local dealer that only discounted $1300 off msrp, which is terrible. The other dealers were around the same payment.

$64,395 MSRP
$61,945.80 Employee Supplier
($1,750) Rebates With Cadillac Lease
$60,195.80 Sale Price

Sign & Drive - 36 Months - 10,000 Miles Per Year - Tier 1 Credit

$668+ Tax

What can I do to get these dealers to budge?

I think the employee supplier might be a red herring here. You can almost certainly negotiate a better discount on your own. These used to lease well a few years ago with 67% ~ish residuals but I’m not familiar with the new model.

I only mentioned the supplier pricing after I was unable to get any discount from MSRP. I was able to negotiate a deal on my dads 2016 Sierra Denali with minimal drive offs for $391 + tax when they were giving them away. I’m not expecting that kind of deal but residual is 67% and MF is .00134 through GM Financial. I’m aiming for a $510-$520 payment sign and drive. Most of these dealers are pushing me for purchase due to crazy GM incentives but won’t budge on lease. I might wait it out until next month if I’m unable to get what I want.

I was able to get a dealer that’s willing to deal. The MSRP is $68,370 and they’re discounting the truck to supplier pricing level which is $7500 below sticker. And they’re offering another $3k off in incentives including lease loyalty. It’s a 2020 model and the payment we’re at now is $599 including tax with $1k total due at signing 39/10k. However, they’re adding a bs accessories fee of $1600. I want it off and refuse to pay it. I’ve inputted the number into the calculator and I’m within a few dollars.

Aren’t all gm dealers doing employee pricing right now? And the dealer isn’t giving you extra incentives, those come from GMC and would come to you through any dealer.

See that’s where I’m a little confused. Most dealers I’ve reached out to only apply the employee pricing to finance not lease. Can anyone with a little experience clarify?

I just wanted to update you guys. I have a deal in place on a 2019 Denali Ultimate for $567 tax included sign and drive. The msrp is $68k. They’re discounting 15.8% before incentives. And I’m getting another $7500 in taxed incentives. This is for a 36/10k term. I’m trying to squeeze a little more but I’ll be pulling the trigger on Thursday.