2020 Ford Fusions - up to $10k incentives

I debated between the Focus and Fiesta in my search but I really wanted the Fiesta ST (FiST) (because it is a little smaller and more nimble). I’m glad I went with the FiST because I can confirm all of the magazine reviews of this car were 100% accurate, it is literally like a go cart.

The Focus ST (and RS especially) have the potential to be much faster in a straight line, but with the added weight and size just don’t feel the same.

1 Like

That might be painful yes :slight_smile:

That is one car you will never see posted about someone finding a deal on here on LH, LOL

No my hopes was one blown up or accident or high milage rebuild. Fun project car to build back stronger.

I’m thinking about leasing the 2020 Fusion Plug-in Hybrid.

Any idea what kind of dealer discount I should target on something like this?

It’s a 36k car and so far the quotes I have only include dealer discounts of $1500-2200 off, which seems really low. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Good question. And if anyone else wants to jump in, feel free.

TrueCar says the average discount (post-inventive) is roughly 22%:

There is a wide range of incentives you may/may not be eligible for, and they don’t all stack (TrueCar has the best), so confirm those for yourself.

Edmunds says there is still lease support on all trims, and models:

You would need to post for the terms you want in your location, but someone got this back on the PHEV:

Can I get MF, RV and incentives for Fusion Plug In Titanium. 36 months 10k miles Zip 91352 Thanks!
.05% APR
39% residual
$11,157 lease cash
$1000 dealer cash

If car buying strategies is to be believed:

A $37k MSRP Fusion Energi has a dealer cost of $35,235 before incentives (invoice + destination - holdback).

If they sell the car at invoice and pass on all the rebates, I think you’re looking at $360/mo + tax on a sign-and-drive:

If you are getting $2,200 off before the $1000 in dealer cash and the lease cash, that looks better, ~$299 on a sign-and-drive:

At a minimum you need to get the right residual/MF/incentives from Edmunds, and confirm if any of the other 14 incentives stack (I suspect the $500 for aged inventory):

But of the Fusions remaining, there are 500 or less in the US. Unless you want the carpool sticker or are eyeing post-sale rebates, the Hybrid looks like it will be roughly $15/mo less on the same terms.

1 Like

I need to say that. IMO Fusion has not the best front seats
. We have in household Titanium plug in trim.

I had a 2013 and 2016 ford cmax before the current XC60, and driver seat comfort was at the top of my list after my last accident. I was looking at the 2019 Fusions before the Volvo, and the part number for the seats was the same as it was for my Cmaxes (not sure about the 2020); it should be same seat.

I find the XC60 slightly more comfortable (the exception is any RDesign trim - I actually checked with Volvo corporate about buying/swapping Inscription seats into an Rdesign and back at lease end - I can’t sit in Rdesign seats longer than 10 minutes), but I never found the Cmax seats anything but comfortable. They were on par with the Outback/Forester, as comfortable as any of BMW X1/X3 seats (I think one of the BMWs had a package with some 88-way adjustable or something that I didn’t try, someone will correct me).

The Ford seats were wayyy more comfortable than the 2016 GTI I had between Cmaxes, my parents (now former) RX350, any Toyota/Nissan/Honda/Hyundai/Kia I’ve driven.

At these prices, if I didn’t lease but financed, and it wasn’t to my comfort, I would just take it to an auto upholstery place and have the padding adjusted (because of the seat airbags, you have to go to a place that knows what they’re doing), which I didn’t even realize was a thing until a distracted X5 driver used my car as a brake, and gifted me back problems. Every seat in my house has been swapped for proper/supportive memory foam which makes a huge difference.

And every back/:peach: is different: I’m sorry your Fusion isn’t comfortable, and good advice to @Angelo_Zamora to test drive and ensure he likes it. Comfort is so important, I personally think everyone should rent something a couple days before even leasing, but I’m a kook. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Sadly, sometimes it takes a lot longer than that. 3-4 years ago, I got a new civic to use as a commuter vehicle. Tech was great for the price, seats seemed super comfortable, etc. I didn’t make it to 9 months of having that thing. Something about the seats and my back did not agree. After a week of 5+ hour days in the car, I found I couldn’t stand up on the weekend and quickly replaced it. Fortunately, it didn’t hit my wallet too hard because I got a great deal on it to start with.

2 Likes

I had something like that on my X1. My first BMW, yay, and in few days I notice that brake pedal is too forward related to seat and steering wheel position (that I’m most comfortable in). Thus requiring me in order to brake to raise my right foot higher than what I’m used to. At one point my foot was hurting in 30 min or less in city stop and go driving. I was afraid it wont go away but thankfully it did, I guess my right foot is much stronger now lol.

1 Like

No worries. I do drive it ones per blue moon. This is my daughter’s car. LOL. Maybe becouse i am comparing Fusion seats to my XC60 Inscription or my personal “seat” is too wide LOL.

Just wondering, what is special about this that it is good for negative equity as compared to a fresh new lease? What am I missing?

Incentives that can wash the negative equity and keep it within the advance, combined with very low MF (minimizing rent on remaining negative).

Thanks for all the advice and help. I picked up a 2020 Fusion Plug-in Hybrid, I’m very happy with it so far. $200 a month including tax with zero down. I had an extra $1000 loyalty rebate because I had a current Ford lease. I will also get $1000 back from CA.

5 Likes

Congratulations! Post pics in the Trophy Garage

Hey the new 3 series is just as good as a Jetta or :taco:, because they are built in Mexico too! Remember to look for those snowy off ramps when driving your negitive equity mobile, can lead to a quick exit… in more ways than one.

That’s a great deal, somebody at my work has one and is paying at least $100(I think more like $150 more) more a month and plans to buy it out at the end, I tried to explain that was a bad idea and his deal didn’t sound that great(oh but his “friend” is a SM). But what do I know, I have two cars for about what he’s paying … Lol

1 Like

The Fusion Energi was on my list last summer, with RCL it was $350 a month on a sign and drive. $200/mo with tax is a steal.

Ha, so he did get a good deal. Numbers just better now. I won’t tell him :shushing_face:

1 Like

Looks that way. And the program is a little better on the non-phev hybrid if someone is chasing the hack, though as @Angelo_Zamora said the PHEV qualifies for state rebates and/or carpool sticker.