2020 Ford Explorer ST

This seem like a good deal? Hacker score 7.2

Msrp $60215
Selling price $54000
Drive off $4,192 first month, taxes (oklahoma 4.5% on selling price), acq, govn, doc fees
Mf .00067
36/10.5k
Payment: 622

Pre-tax Monthly Payment: $622

Monthly Payment with Tax: $622

Drive-Off: $4,192

• First Month Payment: $622
  • Down Payment: $0
  • Upfront Fees: $1,140
  • Upfront Taxes: $2,430

Disposition Fee: $395

Total Lease Cost: $26,350

Leasehackr Score: 7.2 years

Explorer doesn’t lease well compared to other SUVs, but that’s not horrible.

It seems that the ST Explorers are the worst of the bunch in terms of lease deals.

1 Like

yeah that’s true…but it’s what I like…

I wouldn’t blame you. It’s a nice car. I was just making a statement based on other recent Explorer deals on the forum.

Maybe get some more quotes? 10% still seems a little bit low. Also, is that post-incentives?

The heart wants what it wants.

An effective $738/mo plus tax isn’t terrible but not great. The LH score is not a good indicator of the deal.

At an effective 1.6% (Ford should be simple interest, did they convert to a MF for you?) I’d go $0 DAS and roll everything in.

Did edmunds confirm the residual/mf/incentives for you?

Got my 59,8** sticker for 594.00 with 3,000 total out of pocket a few months back NY area

Im in NJ, but to compare, we almost pulled the trigger on an ST. MSRP was slightly higher (had all options). They offered $5k DAS which included taxes, fees, first month and the rest was a down payment (before I learned about LH). Monthly was $559 for 39/12. We owed 5 months on an Infiniti and I wanted that paid, so he made it happen and offered the same terms except only ~ $2500 DAS. Again, this was before I knew what I know now, so I don’t have details, but from what I’ve seen on here regarding the Explorer STs, it seems like it was a great deal. I think the incentives in February were better, here anyway. We just didn’t love it enough to pull the trigger, even though they kept making the deal better and better.

yeah that’s post incentives, not a lot with explorer lease right now. They are putting in 2000 retail on it. Most of their cash is on financing. I could try for more but I doubt I’m gonna get it. If it was a normal Explorer maybe, but the ST’s are pretty popular. I saw another deal on here that they got at 55.5k, and 3000 incentives but it was a different state. Oklahoma ford is king.

yes, I confirmed the numbers via edmund and the dealer confirmed those were right.

Yeah I could do that. What is good % off MSRP for Ford? 12-13?

Depends on the Ford. On a loaded Explorer ST? I see some on CarGurus with 5k and 10k bump stickers (over MSRP) at that price point. But there also seem to be about 5,000+ nationwide in that general price range.

This is one I’d definitely talk to a broker about. You might have a great deal here for your market, but someone might be able to bring one in for less.

If you were on an XLT on a non-ST Explorer it’s be a straightforward answer. These aren’t ultra rare but the dealers get (or take) very few so they treat them that way.

Look at Edmunds/TrueCar.

That will give you a decent idea on the discount.

Start finding all of the discount and incentives. Then, look at the inventory lists on Ford’s website. If there are multiple dealers that have them, give them a call.

yeah I did. True Car was 56-57. I talked to the dealer, I think I can get them down another $500 probably…$53500 ain’t bad for a fully loaded ST, but the issue now is my wife wants it. :slight_smile: