2020 Ford Explorer Limited. $442/m NY Tax included. 19 Months Remaining

SOLD

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Ford Explorer Limited

MSRP: $54,445
Monthly payment: $442 (includes 8.875% NY tax)

Current mileage: 1,900
Maturity mileage: 21,405
Effective miles per month: 1,000
Maturity date: 03/03/2022

MSD due (if any): 0
Cash due (if any): 0
Incentive for new lessee (if any): 0

Financial institution: Ford Credit
Transfer fee: $75
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): Not sure

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details: Ding on the front passenger door. Scuff on the drivers side wheel well trim. Other than that, the car is in fantastic shape. Non smoker. Garage kept.

Photos:

I will throw in the roof cross bars and Thule ski attachments in the pictures.

3 Likes

Looks like a pretty decent deal for a nicely equipped SUV.

I’m tempted but wish it was in NJ. GL.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, it’s a pretty decent deal. Hoping it will go quickly.

Definitely the best deal I’ve seen on '20 Explorer, new or transfer. Good luck, it should go quick!

Deal pending.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity how is the 4cyl engine in this car?

Very surprising to be quite frank. If someone doesn’t tell you that it’s a 4 cyl, I don’t think anyone would be able to tell. I don’t know what they’ve done with the tuning, but it feels well suited to the car.

looks like a good deal and something I’m looking at but my Tahoe lease ends in early Oct. GL

The previous deal unfortunately did not work out. The vehicle is available for transfer again.

I would check your assertion that “tax included”. If you rolled the tax into the payment the new “owner” will nee to pay the tax again. You owed the tax when you leased it and the fact that you financed it doesn’t get the new “owner” off the hook.

I’m not sure if anything has changed in the last few years, but I’ve done two lease transfers with ford credit some years ago with the exact same lease terms. Both were NY to NY, within the same county. They were never billed for NY tax by DMV or the financial institution. Do you think that it’s different now?

The ownership of the vehicle does not change on a lease. The vehicle still belongs to the financial institution, only the registrant changes. That’s my understanding of it anyway.

Here’s what I see.

If the name on the NY State Title Certificate will not change , sales tax forms and proofs are not required. See information below if you were not a NY State resident when you purchased the vehicle.

That’s from here - https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/sales-tax-information

The name on the title is the financial institution and not the lesee as far as I know.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to verify if out of state could take this over (I’m up in Maine). I’d be interested if it is allowed.

Maine taxes cars the same way NY does - you pay the sales tax rate against the total amount amount owed over the course of the lease. Often when you transfer among states that tax in the same way you are ok and avoid having to pay tax again but you would need to check with your local tax authority to be sure.

I would assume the tax is rolled into the payment? If tax is included I might be interested.

Tax is rolled into the payment.

Just made a payment, 18 payments left.

Deal pending.

Available?