2020 F150 Platinum - signed and lovedšŸ˜‡

Maplecrest in Mendham

I totally understand itā€™s not for everyone, but itā€™s a beautiful truck, if you like pretty trucksšŸ™ƒ Yes, 2021 itā€™s all new. I saw spy photos and wasnt at all impressed with the interior from what I could see. Obviously it wasnā€™t a great picture, but weā€™ll see! The exterior doesnā€™t seem to have changed too much which I think is a good thing. Why should they change it too much when itā€™s the number one selling truck every year, right?

1 Like

Its a 2 year lease. Besides the new design may not really lease that well the first year out. You would be in good time when this one done hopefully.

3 Likes

And, I am still totally unimpressed with the Chevy/GMC interiors. I think the exteriors are gorgeous, but really lacking the luxury look inside. Ram did a great job and I shopped them, but even with a broker, I wasnā€™t going to get these numbers on a higher trim.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly why I set up a 3 year lease in 2018, they usually refresh every 3 years with a new gen every 5-7 years. So next year it should be easy to pick up a 2021 when 2022s come out.

the higher trim trucks are pretty much suvs with a bed, keep in mind these trucks are priced as much as a fairly equipped 5 series/e class and have the same if not more features. Luxury trucks make the big 3 tons of money itā€™s one of their huge profit products.

2 Likes

Had u checked the difference in price between 24 and 36 ? I think it was like 37 or 40 bucks. Definitely didnt make sense at the time

24 was more expensive by $50/mo, because of the mileage, 15k and 19.5k

For 10k-12k I may have done better on a 24.

ahhh makes sense. Yes ours was 10k. I wonder how these sell once they go back to auction after lease returns.

we turned in the '16 to local dealer, our state has maybe 2-3 platinums in the whole state so they ended up taking it and listing it for 44k @32k miles, they dropped it to 41k after a few months and it sold shortly thereafter.

Trucks hold values a lot better than regular cars. A 3 year old platinum at 90k miles was something like 30-32k retail. In this respect tho xlts are better at 25-26k and they sticker at about 15k less. I checked these numbers last year so things may have changed drastically.

1 Like

I personally have gotten out of 2 F150 (36/12) lease early (1 @ 30 months and other at 34, which 34months made it harder to purchase because Ford locks the lease within 90days of lease end). Dealer purchased both, which 1 sold before I even got my payoff confirmation. The other they sold but took almost 2 months. Ford does pretty well with residual (at leased my lariats did)

Thatā€™d require the new Silverado to be at least competitive with the outgoing f150.

2 Likes

Hey, if you enjoy the truck thatā€™s all that matters. It is a beautiful truck. Enjoy in good health!

1 Like

Thank you!

Thatā€™s a great deal and absolutely nothing wrong with a Fordā€¦ In my experience great trucksā€¦ Anyone hear about leases on the 2020 Ranger? Interested to see what anyone has to say since they are relatively new to the marked and resale has not been established yet

2 Likes

Nice truck. Was loyalty for owning a Ford product or another F150? I hope the PCO amounts improve in ~15 months when I start shopping to replace my Tundra.

1 Like

Here you are ! Hows the Tundra?

Low gas mileage :wink:, outdated, and reliable, like every other Toyota product :laughing:. <ā€” All jokes, not taken seriously, Iā€™m looking at you Derek.

Brahā€¦ cā€™mon. I wouldnā€™t mind looking at the 2022 Electric F-150 though. Going to compare that with Hybrid Tundra, you know? :cowboy_hat_face:

K.O. Derek, Iā€™m sorry correct me if Iā€™m wrong but didnā€™t Lexus only get CarPlay for the 19-20 MY, and still not have CarPlay on the IS, GX, and LX models?

Iā€™m more excited for the ev mustang gt, remember I canā€™t have ex. beds, or lifted trucks due to my STUPID HOA. Iā€™d love to have a pavement princesses rig like that ford posted earlier, but I canā€™t. So Iā€™m sticking with Swede speed.