2020 F-Pace S Demo

Hey Hackers,

This is the current deal upfront on a demo F-pace with ~3,000mi on it. I’m currently in a Jag XE 35t and they’re willing to waive the last 4 months payments. MSRP of the car is $76,091 and discounted to $ 69,500. I’m located in NY and the dealer I’m speaking with is in CT. Heres the break down he offered.

Lease term: 39-months.

Contract miles: 10000-miles per year.

Monthly payment: $799 including sales tax.

Total due at signing: $4,975 including first payment.

Thanks,
Keith

Unless Jaguar itself is doing a factory pull-ahead, they are not waiving the last 4 months payment, they’re either rolling in your remaining payments or buying it out and rolling in the negative equity (unless by some miracle, there’s positive equity).

Given that you’re talking about ~$950 a month, I’m guessing the former.

1 Like

At first pass, this deal looks terrible. Need all the data to confirm.

Try to get all the information, and of course, make sure you want to pay close to 4 digits on an F Pace, then we can evaluate.

:bat:

This is all over email. I know the deal will be terrible at first offer but trying to see what kind of wiggle room I might even have.

I definitely am aiming toward a $450/mo payment with as little put down as possible.

What you need to do is stop talking to dealers until you have a solid understanding of what a reasonable target price is. Right now, you’re just flailing in the dark.

Start by going to edmunds and getting RV/MF/Incentive numbers for this model in your zip. While you’re at it, go and get a quote from carvana for your current vehicle and your payoff amount from the bank. From there, you can at least baseline where you’re starting and flush out what different pre-incentive discount amounts get you to price wise.

I would be shocked if $450/mo was a realistic target on a $76k f-pace, demo or not.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll get going on that.

$450 is not even close for an F Pace S.

I’ve seen the miracles occur here. But what is close?

You have not seen that on an F Pace S.

I guarantee it.

2 Likes

I don’t find a lot of people here that are after the jaguar - other than the F-type. Like I said though, miracles have happened, I’m not saying they happened with this exactly make and model but why can’t I get close to my goal?

As stated above, it’s not realistic to go from $950 to $450. That’s $500 times 39, or $19,500. No matter how rubbish their first offer is, there’s not that much room ever.

1 Like

Theres no way I can answer this question without 1) sounding like the biggest @$$hole in the world or 2) trying to explain how miracles work.

If you like to shop based on miracles, have at it.

That is going to be a very disappointing journey. You’re making up numbers and either dont care about or dont understand the inputs.

3 Likes

The thing is. I don’t care. I walked away with a $52,000 vehicle before paying ~300/mo. I put down around $2500 which may have been my mistake putting anything down but I did. I know you’re going to want to see the whole deal up front to say whether or not I did well or not but the monthly payment was what mattered to me and I got close to what I wanted. That’s all I’m saying here - I just like to get close. Let’s say the best I could ever get to is $572/mo, that may not be where I originally started but it’s a lot better than ~$800/mo. Just getting a feel for right now. If it’s truly impossible I can always move on to something else. It’s not do or die.

I asked about MF and Residual and the dealer responded here.

Keith: I have used the net money factor (.0001) which is equivalent to 0.24% interest per year.

Residual value for 10000-miles per year is 46%

For 12000-miles per year it will be 45%

Difference from 10k miles per year to 12k miles per year is $20/month.

If you can give me an order and a deposit today, I’ll eat the difference in the payment for the extra miles ($820)

MSRP is $76,091

I am selling it to you for $64,400 ($65,400 less $1,000 for loyalty)

Lease disposition fee will be waived; your 4-remaining payments will be waived; you are under miles, so no fees there; the only two things I can’t waive are damage, tire wear, and off course taxes o0wed, if any; I don’t think you guys pay property tax in NY.

I understand a little more of where you’re coming from, but it’s not apples to apples.

I leased a $49xxx Tundra 24/15 for $279/Month with $279 @ Signing.

But that’s not this.

If you do what I said earlier and baseline the deal based on current incentives, you’ll be able to work out how much discount is required to get you to $450 a month. That should give you a good idea what what you’re targeting isn’t possible.

The dealer isn’t Edmunds. Ask Edmunds.

The dealer is generally a poor resource for this information as they can mark up MF and hide incentives in the sales price. The purpose of reaching out to a neutral 3rd party is to get unbiased information to baseline with and then eventually compare to the dealer’s numbers so you know where they’re marking up and where they aren’t.

It was the jaguar XE that I’m referring to here. I’m staying loyal to the brand and seeing if I can level up. My biggest issue with an F-Pace is that they’re all 4cyl. Until you get to the S, I suppose I’m being a pain the @ss with that detail but I’m just getting a feel. I tried messaging you earlier as well, maybe I’ll contact you in the future to help me with a deal - clearly not this one though. (friendly lol)

You’d have to get about 33% off to achieve your goal. So you only need to grind them down another $13,000 and you’re good to go.

1 Like