2020 Explorer ST Lease - Advice

If I could hand them the keys for my XC60 and drive an Explorer ST for the same payment: in a heartbeat.

Not sure why you bumped this topic to compare apples toā€¦ hotdogs

A JGC deal from 2018 could not be less relevant

1 Like

I wonder if youā€™d feel the same after a month or two when you finally had to start living with the car.

The only thing that would bother me is dealing with my (incompetent) local Ford dealer again for service. As long as itā€™s safe to drive, all leases end one way or another.

Some leases feel a lot longer than others.

1 Like

Indeed!

Two Ford leases (inception to disposition with minimal issues) was WAYYY shorter than 18 months with my CX-5 (which was longer than 3 years in my Mazda3 just prior).

18 months with the CX-5 was much, much shorter than 12 months in my GTI before the lemon gods took it back.

The WRX lease was probably shortest, it spent 1 of 3 years in the shop, the other two were fun.

Ford doesnā€™t have the best quality or best performance, but for a lease they are fine (and go drive an Explorer ST, itā€™s fun). I think most peopleā€™s experience is the base rental cars (which are junk), and only Nissan deserves to be judged based solely on your experience in - rental Versa.

I am not sure why you say that. If I go today I would probably pay the same for a brand new GC Overland or even less. I got an offer for an Alfa Romeo Stelvio for $360 $0 down just taxes first month and fees. Both are FCA group and have similar incentives. You think a Ford ST is actually worth that $750 or $800 or whatever? If you went to Europe and compared Ford to Alfa Romeo people would laugh. Ford is just an American brand driven by whoever. An Alfa Romeo Stelvio is a premium car worldwide. A GC Overland receives huge respect is Europe, Dubai, etc. Both Alfa and Jeep are way more prestigious than a Ford. Ford is a car a company will lease for you or a rental youā€™ll get from Hertz.

The problem is the ST is just a rental car quality suv with a big engine and an ipad awkwardly sticking out the dash. They could have done so much more.

When? I havenā€™t seen stelvio leases like that in years.

Love my st.