2020 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 42/12 $470 pre-tax, $1050 net das

Massachusetts

Thanks for the heads up in RV I will double check.

I agree def could be better on dealer discount but they seem to not want it sold.

I had a $500 incentive from Chrysler that expired dec 2nd. Maybe I can get them to honor it

I’d still push back on the discount. I had a few dealers willing to do $7k +

Ha, I’m looking at a Pacifica Limited with MSRP $52,060. I asked for details on a 36 month 15k lease.

All I got back from the internet sales rep was, “with nothing down (besides first months payment) we will be looking at upper $600s.” Granted, I’m in Texas, so we pay more in sales tax than everyone else for a lease. But wow.

That’s the last I heard from the guy. That was Thursday morning. I wrote back immediately asking for more info. Silence. Then I got the ol’ text message from the manager, so I asked him for the actual numbers on a lease. All he did was tell me they’ve got employee pricing and 0% for 60 months.

Like, they have the car I want (notwithstanding the fact that it’s a $52,000 Chrysler Minivan :man_facepalming:). But they’re making it absurdly difficult for me to determine whether I can buy it (lease it) from them.

I admittedly screwed up by probing back with an offer of $439/month, which was just due to a lack of terms to work with and also some errors that I’ve since corrected in my spreadsheet calculator. I think that would require a dealer discount of like $10,500 on top of the factory incentives and customer cash. So…my bad, Mr. Internet Manager.

All that said, I still think something in the low $500s would be…within reason, no? With $7500 dealer discount and $6,062 in incentives and a 43% RV, I get a 39-month payment of $526 (again, Texas) with $526 DAS. That’s a hefty discount to shoot for, and I’m making some assumptions on some fees, but…it doesn’t hurt to ask.

$6062 is a lot of incentives. That sounds like it includes IDL cash, which is only applicable if you’re leasing through a bank other than chrysler capital. You’ll need to figure out seperate RV/MF terms for those banks (which can require more effort).

If you’re leasing through chrysler, your incentives will be much less. I found in some markets it was up to $2800, but most seemed to be about half that. Ask on edmunds to verify rv/mf/incentives for your market.

Going from a 39 month lease to a 42 month lease saved me about $60 a month due to the RV being the same and the waiver of the acquisition fee on the 42 month lease. That made it a no-brainer to add the extra 3 months.

$526 post tax with $526 DAS on a $52k 39/15 in Texas sounds unreasonable to me, if the terms are the same as they are in California.

I think invoice is $49,734, and if the “employee price for all” is 5% off invoice, then that’s $47,247, which is $4812 off MSRP. That plus $1250 lease customer cash is where I got to $6062, which is all separate from IDL and dealer discount. But yeah, until an actual dealer in Texas will give me the real terms of a prospective deal, I’m just basing my expectations off of bits of information from multiple sources that may not be accurate or may not apply to my situation.

Also, I’ll look at 42 months, but I really don’t like the idea of keeping this thing out of warranty. At 42 months, that’s half a year for something to go wrong on a FCA product with 50k+ miles that I don’t own.

You’re double counting discount and incentives. You’re not going to get 15%+ dealer discount off of the 5% below invoice numbers.

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying that. See, this is just what I’m trying to get from the dealer. I was counting the employee pricing as a factory-to-dealer incentive and then the $1250 as a factory-to-customer rebate. Which in my mind seemed to leave additional room for the regular dealer discounts. But I don’t know how these things work. My Cadillac and Mazda leases in the past have been a little simpler in that regard, though I may just be forgetting that pain of the past.

Does make more sense, now that I’m recognizing that I would have been expecting a total of 26% off MSRP for a new 2020 model, which is…bold.

So, in the end, it seems that the “High $600s” wasn’t so bad after all? By my calculations, that would imply a dealer discount of about $2000 on top of the aforementioned incentives. Dang that’s an expensive minivan.

I don’t disagree with you here, but it is only an extra 3 months (as chrysler doesn’t offer a 36 month option) and at least you’re under a powertrain warranty still at that point. It ended up saving about $60 a month, so you could pocket the $2500 or so in savings that is in case there’s a problem.

With 15k miles per year you will be out of the 3 yr/36,000 mi basic warranty in less than 30 months.

1 Like

Valid point there. I always forget that when I’m working on my wife’s leases. I do 10-12k myself, so it doesn’t come up every time. Thanks for that reminder. I’m clearly rusty this go-round.

I am in the North East region and every dealer seems to do different incentives. Nobody wants to just automatically give you everything your qualified for.

I have a current Toyota Sienna lease and saw a $2,000 minivan conquest incentive but can’t tell if it is trim dependent.

I am also a Realtor so that should give me $500 but the one dealer I want 2 potential vehicles from says that you can’t get employe pricing and the Realtor rebate.

Does anyone here have a good handle on what is stackable.

Anybody have a good guess as to whether or not Chrysler will continue employee pricing in January? Have a Ford to turn in end of January with one payment left and trying to decide if we should get one now or take our chances next month. The residuals on these makes them horrible to lease, but the discounts help a little. Without them its not really worth considering.

Nobody knows unfortunately

Probably not, Chrysler sold a lot with employee pricing that they had on for both November and December. Residuals are pretty bad on them, especially thru Chrysler Capital…Ally does a little better.