2020 Chevy Bolt Lease - Evaluation & thoughts

Hi everyone - new here and trying to learn, so I apologize in advance if any of this is dumb/wrong/off the mark.

Looking at doing a first lease for me on a 2020 Chevy Bolt loaded up Premier and trying to understand where this deal is on the good/bad spectrum.

I’ve attached the offer sheet.

The numbers on the “grid” of mileage/$ down options are inclusive of taxes and fees, gap insurance as well as GM financials extra wear and tear coverage (up to $7.5k) at the end of the lease. That was quoted on it’s own at around $580 total, but it’s rolled into the payments here, just for clarity.

Thank you for literally anything you guys here think or want me to know, etc.

The main reasons for leasing are longer range of the 2020’s, not liking the 2017 seats (so the coming off-lease 2017’s are sort of “out”) and the ambiguity in the EV landscape over the coming 3 years and perhaps just wanting to walk away from the bolt in 2023.

Money factor of .001666

1 Like

The discount seems VERY low.

1 Like

What does Edmunds say RV/MF/incentives are?

Agreed that that discount looks bad.

1 Like

When you say the discount - I’m an idiot here - what do you mean?

The dealer is giving you a discount of $1235 off sticker price. This is a very low discount by most standards.

Gotcha - and so the big rebate that gets the price down is a bad way to go because it the leasing details all start off the sticker price - that small discount?

Do I have that generally right?

The big rebate comes from Chevy, not from the dealer. It effects how much you pay, but is irrelevant to the negotiations with the dealer. This is why you’ll see all the threads here focusing on pre-incentive discount amount.

4 Likes

So is the Cap cost the big starting point # you want to get as low as possible?

Or just MSRP - discounts?

You want the cap cost as low as possible, but the only knob you have to turn is the dealer discount. You should get the same rebates/incentives regardless of which dealer you go to. This is why you always want to verify incentives before talking to the dealer, so you understand of the discount they’re offering, what is coming from them vs what is coming from the manufacturer in the form of rebates/incentives. It isn’t out of the ordinary for a dealer to combine the incentives and dealer discount into one.number to make it look like you’re getting a great deal.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Oh man - I have no idea (total noob on this).
Is that something I need to ask for out of the dealer?

Can you loyalty combined with CCR? Are there any other incentives that GM/Chevy offers? I know Costco ended on 1/2. Would you be able to discount further with loyalty and supplier discount?

Thanks.

I wasn’t looking for one but this is what I was offered on a leftover '19 Bolt yesterday:

2019 Chevrolet Bolt LT 3 year 36,000 mile lease
48% residual
$9000 CCR
$2500 dealer cash
$500 GM loyalty (there is Chevrolet lease loyalty of $1500 but you can’t pair it with the dealer cash)
$1000 gm card
$199/mo including TTL and all fees

Gap is included in GM Financial leases. I’ve leased about 10 GM’s since 2008 and have never had to worry about excess wear and tear so unless you’re going to be doing something malicious with the car you’re adding about $15-20/month to your payment.

I haven’t done the math but I think the deal could get better than what I was offered.

Sorry. Yes it was. Thank you.

Thanks. I don’t know if you can answer this but before CCR how much off of Msrp are you seeing on Bolts. Would 5k off Msrp be doable on a premiere?

Can the deal presented by “ilovecheapleases” above be replicated for 2020 Models? If not, do you have any '19 models available? Also, can the Costco offer for $8,500 manufacturer to consumer cash and General Motors Competitive Lessee Program for $500 be applied on top of the incentives listed? Any help would be apprecited as I’d like to close a deal within the next two days max. I live in the San Diego areas but could come up to OC if neccesary. Thank you

Also, I see Premier Chevy offering $8,500 “Premier Discount” online. Could this also be mathched? Thanks again.

How did the dealer handle the $2,500 dealer cash for you? Since that is a rebate back to the dealer did they pass it along to you in the Form of a lower sale price?

I didn’t lease it but they use it as CCR.