2020 Chevy Bolt in MN?

New to leasing and this forum so please be patient with me

I’ve been trying to score a $7000-ish one pay deal on the Chevy Bolt by calling up dealers around MN; however no one is willing to budge below $11000 which seems absolutely absurd given the kind posts here. I only qualify for the $6750 lease cash and the $3000 Costco rebate. Any advice/tips on dealerships, negotiating or brokers I can reach out to?

Thank you.

How did you get to 7000?

That’s roughly the average figure I’m seeing here before state specific rebates/incentives.

Have to take their taxes out and put your taxes in.

Plus those deals had $1,500 loyalty/conquest, correct?

Well MN tax rate is slightly lower than CA’s so the one pay should be even lower.
I am taking out the $1,500 loyalty when coming up with the rough figure of ~$7000.

Pardon my ignorance if I’m missing anything, but since no dealer here is willing to play ball, should I find one in IL that is and just register the car here?

Your never gonna get a ca deal anywhere else. Can’t even goto ca and get them as it’s a deal they only sell to “SoCal” residents. Few months back I saw a article with a lot of dealers closing up (not the ones here as far as I know). Still wouldn’t give advertised deals to anyone out of the area till the day they locked the doors and those deals wernt as good as we see here as far as I know.

How many dealers have you reached out to? And what trim are you looking for? Using a Minneapolis zip code in Cargurus for fun I took a quick look and you can get almost $4,000 in advertised dealer discount right off the bat on an LT.

My guess is that discounts similar to what a few other Midwest LH members have achieved may be possible. Due to the perceived (and some real) deficiencies of electric vehicles in cold climates during the winter I imagine that this isn’t a great time to try to sell these to people.

1 Like

Agreed, I sourced one for my aunt in Kansas City MO at nearly 12% off. It’s definitely doable if you put some legwork in.

1 Like

This same dealer is offering a similar discount on a Premier. Again, I’d reach out to multiple dealers and see what kind of prices they are offering, but that’s advertised dealer discount right there, not padded with rebate scams, etc. The rebates are broken down separately, even Costco is listed as an additional rebate you may qualify for.

2 Likes

Merit Chevrolet is offering $4,000 off LTs and $4,500 off Premiers right out of the starting gate.

2 Likes

Thank you for looking up this for me. Maybe I was doing something wrong, as the dealers I spoke to when I posted here weren’t willing to budge more than 2k off MSPR. I’ll call these guys again on Monday and let you know!

Thanks again! I appreciate it a lot :slight_smile:

Jeff Belzer’s in Lakeville has Bolts 12K - 13K below MSRP: