2020 C300 AMG lease with 5 months to go

Lease Fam -

I’m hoping for some cold harsh reality …

I have a c300 amg (50k msrp) sedan with about 5 months remaining on a 3 year lease. My mileage is 16-17k so pretty low, no accidents, etc

Long story short , I see the buyout right now on Mercedes Benz financial services is like 29.5K. I put down 3200 or so in MSD, so would need to double check if that 29.5k is net of the MSD

My question is, do y’all feel there’s any equity to be had in this deal that would merit buying it out? is The market right now any better than 6 months ago or still complete dog shit?

Am I not living in reality to expect a mid3 - 400 monthly payment for an SUV?

School me …I’m weighing if I make moves now or just pay this off one month at a time and reassess in September

1. Go to Carmax / Carvana/ Vroom .com and get online quotes to get an idea of what it’s worth. That’s how you know how much value it has

2. Yes you are DREAMING for 350-400 for a Good SUV. There were the incredible Rogue Deals but they are gone, and going from a Merc to a Nissan is pretty bad.

4 Likes

First post

If you want cold harsh reality, you came to the right place

I think nissan rogue/ pathfinder/ Muranos are cheapest SUVs at the moment but they seem to pop sporadically here

1-pay with MSDs on an 18-mo Murano on 3/31 was doable. Not sure what’s the best now as others have said.

Also take the 5-min to get online quotes as the previous poster mentioned, will definitely help you know where you stand.

If 350-400 only gets a Murano, I should probably move to Cuba That’s wild I thought for that price I’d be in a Lexus or Infiniti

You guys are right , lll get some online quotes and see what happens. If Murano is the only deal to be had I rather take the bus

I think you can get a Pathfinder with leather if you price it right for $400 per month or just under on a 18m/10k 1 Pay with max MSDs.

They actually are not that bad inside and drive ok as well.

Maybe the front half of one.

2 Likes

You may wish to look through more threads here b/c you are in a very, very unpleasant shock w/ lease prices nowadays. :frowning:

1 Like

Why did you make that assumption? Have you looked at broker deals in the Marketplace? To get into a Lexus in the price range would require quite a bit of money down (which is not recommended).

Why not just ride out your current lease and take the time to research a new lease?

1 Like

Can I ask you guys a question …how the hell are prices this high when supply chain isn’t as big of an issue? Is it the rates that are built into the lease leading to the high prices, or is “inventory low” ?

Is the general recommendation at this point to buy vs lease ? Imagine paying 400+ a month for a Murano …rather buy a used car than drive that soccer mom mobile …

People are paying these prices and dealers are cutting production so why do they need to lower prices? The average person walks into a dealership (mistake) and says I want to lease a XYZ. Dealer says ok here are the terms. People sign. My family friend paid $500/month for a base honda pilot 4 years ago.

1 Like

But then, I don’t think third party buys Mercedes leases

Have you priced used cars lately?

Where have you been for the past couple of years? Supply chain is still an issue.

Both. With low inventory and continued demand, manufacturers do not have to incentivize certain models.

It depends on the vehicle. You also have to run lease vs finance numbers. For example, if you were thinking of leasing a Honda Accord, most folks would recommend that you finance it given its high resale value.

So what is your end game here?

$350 Benz, duh

Wth some $$ down you can achieve any payment.

1 Like

They do now

@Dennylexus Research if third parties can buy Mercedes lease and still shop around at Mercedes dealers or other manufacturers who are in the same auto group. You’d be surprise, they may pay out more than third parties and save yourself buying, getting the title then reselling.

You can score a Mercedes GLB 250 from $500 to $600 a month if you find the right buy.