2020 Bolt LT deal check

Is waiving the acquisition fee for one pay something most dealers are willing to do?

The acquisition fee goes to the leasing company, not to the dealer.

Your name might be Stark, but you are the true Ironman of lease hacking.

1 Like

I guess you saw my one-pay volt for $4500. And my one-pay Cruze for $1100. Chevy keeps giving them to me.

2 Likes

You paid $1100 for a Cruze? What a rip off!

jk jk jk

2 Likes

it was 2yr/20k miles. I returned it after 9 months. NEVER return a GM car over a year early on a one-pay. Their system chokes. They still think I owe them $500 for the difference between residual value and the auction price. NOT PAYING. It’s been 18 months and it isn’t on my credit report yet. still annoying though

1 Like

Congrats on the amazing deal! Was it for a base LT w/fast charging? What color is it?

I test drove the fully loaded premier and was not impressed. So I let my wife pick the car. she chose oasis blue. they had one left and it was the base model w/ fast charging.

the quote they gave me on the premier had an extra $1k incentive but same dealer discount. they started me at 0 down $322/mo for that one.

honestly, i would bet half the options will be standard for the 2021 model. who wants to pay extra for automatic braking?!? following distance indicator?!? forward collision alert?!? intellibeam?!?

they could also make the leather wrapped steering wheel standard, dc fast charging standard, rear cross traffic standard, and add an option for adaptive cruise control.

1 Like

Good choice! Thanks for your review on LT vs Premier. I also think all those extra features without Adaptive Cruise Control is pretty useless. I am curious about the 360 camera though. Did you get to check it out on your premier test drive?

360 camera is a gimmick. same as the camera in the rear mirror. its a small car with a large greenhouse. If i had an SUV i would want it. if the leather seats were remotely comfortable i would want those. it just feels like a cheap commuter car so paying extra for anything didn’t make much sense. If you love funky small wagons, then get some bells and whistles. I just got the car because i get $5800 in rebates between PGE, CVRP, and San Joaquin County. The car is worth it for $65/mo not including gas savings. The Premier would have been $160/mo. Totally affordable but without power seats, USB-C, sunroof, power lift gate, a good lane keep assist, and an adaptive cruise control with stop/start, forget it.
I am a little annoyed that the steering wheel is plastic. i have to buy a cover for it. That is the only thing I miss so far.

Makes sense. I’d probably go for the LT w/fast charging just like you did.

Btw, this leather steering wheel cover worked extremely well for me on my 06 Prius. The fitment was spot on. It started peeling a bit after 3 years but it was well worth the $15 I paid for it. For this price, it’s probably not real leather but it was much more comfortable than the stock plastic steering wheel from the factory.
I bought the small size for the Prius, you might have to go bigger for the bolt.
https://www.amazon.com/BDK-W899MK-Leather-Steering-Standard/dp/B00Q3JTJE0/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=bdk+leather+steering&qid=1594840278&sr=8-9

thanks. purchased!

i went to YouTube U. and seems like lane keep only works when you cross outside your lane. It doesn’t work while you are still in the lane. useless! Unless you drive drunk a lot.

Np! Yeah i tested the lane keep assist on my wife’s Honda Clarity, it’s pretty useless as it doesn’t center in the lane. It just ping pongs around from one edge to the other edge of the lane. Makes you look like an idiot driver and scares other cars on the road.