Lease Terms: 36/12
Tax Rate: 6.5% (Illinois) $2,555
Residual: $43,593
MF: .00177
Net cap cost: $76,951
Monthly Payment: $1,139
Zero money down
No MSDs

Is it really unreasonable for me to think I can get this vehicle in the $900s? Every dealer is telling me I’m crazy. Maybe I am??

I checked on Edmunds and the MF should be .00137. I asked them about this and was told “we have the ability to increase it”. A different dealer said they will “look into it” and maybe adjust it. I don’t know if I should give up and realize I can’t get it in the 900 range, hire a broker, or wait a few months for incentives, etc. Thoughts? You guys are the pros, so tell me if I’m crazy. Thanks!

Shop outside Illinois.
Contact a broker.
Your discount is puny. Like our presidents hands are bigger than this. At least 10% before incentives.
Your MF is marked up, u need base 0.00137.
Do 7 MSDs to reduce MF further.
Get OL code to discount car further

1 Like

Just got off the phone with a dealer in Louisville. Still small discounts and around the same price. I’ve considered MSDs, but trying to get something without putting much money on the table (yes I know you get the MSDs back), looking to pay first month only at this time. After I hear from the last dealer, I’m contacting a broker. I’ll also look in Missouri and Wisconsin.

You are not going to have much luck with dealers in the Illinois region discounting X7s. Your best bet is to hire a broker and have them ship one in from California.

Thanks for the advice. To be honest, I have to look at brokers more and see fees, prices, etc. I can’t imagine it’d be cheap to ship from California to Illinois, but probably cheaper than the lack of discounts I’m getting!

Say if shipping is 2000. You only need a 2% deeper discount to justify that. But I’m sure a broker can find you much much more discount

Check out loaners in the Atlanta area.

I am pretty sure you can get something in range of $900 with Brokers $499-$599
shipment cost is around $500-$600 from East coast to IL, or just fly and drive back.
Stay away from IL Dealers . You can find good deals in NY/NJ/PA/MA/CA/GA…Midwest just sucks…
I am from IL myself…

Thanks! I’ll look harder at those states. Thought about the fly and drive back idea.

@Nickolasallen2

Wanna come to NJ?

Have you contacted all Illinois dealers? There’s about 3-4 (out of about 20) which might be willing to get you to that 10% pre-incentive discount. I got 9.2% on my 2020 X5 back before the 2020 hit the lots, so I know it’s at least possible, but might be a different case on the X7.

So what happen did you find a x7 in Illinois

Definitely shop outside IL. All BMW dealers around Chicago are difficult. I would recommend Autohaus BMW in St. Louis.

He found Bacon’s Car Concierge :slight_smile:

Yep! Bacon is the best!