2020 BMW M550ix Lease not yet a done deal

Just to continue the story since this is a public forum and I would like visitors here to benefit from this post, if any.

I asked the TN dealership to discount the car by $12k before incentives, and they said you are getting more than that if you count the $5k in incentives. They discounted the car by $8k and the car is on the lot, not to order! they refused to decrease the MF from the marked-up rate of .00177 into the ongoing rate of .00137

I said thank you for your time :slight_smile: They said OK, best of luck!

I do like the 750, and I’m sorry if I used the “settle” incorrectly.

The 2016 750ix that I own is not as quick as I would like, and it is huge vehicle, relatively.

That’s why I wanted the M550i, quicker and a tad smaller. It has most of the bells and whistles of my 750i and even more.

If I get other than a 7 series, I will miss the air suspension and the boat sensation. Very comfortable ride.

BMW did solve the acceleration issue with the 2020 by increasing the HP, not to forget mentioning the grille :crazy_face: :crazy_face:. I think I will be better off getting a 2020 750i since it is definitely the better car despite what I just said about the M550i.

I will look into that, and keep my eye on the marketplace.

Maybe you missed the part about settling “for the path of least resistance.”

Whether it’s a “better” car is debatable. As a luxury car, sure. As a driver’s car, don’t think so.

2 Likes

so damn sexy