2020 BMW M550ix Lease not yet a done deal

So, I sent this screenshot to Dreyer and Reinbold dealership, showing them how a $90 car is getting an $11k discount, they replied, go for it, we can’t give more than 4% discount. It seems I’m not their type of customers. I’m so amazed how this “dryer and washer” dealership gets raving online reviews of how great deals buyers get compared to all Midwest!

They’re doing you a favor. They saved you a bunch of time in figuring out not to deal with them.

3 Likes

That made me chuckle.

Move on, they are not in need of business.

2 Likes

Just got this from the TN dealership that has the car I want on their lot, instead of building it and waiting for 8 weeks (MSRP is a tad lower):

The discount is $6k which is still not I was hoping for. MF= .00177 which seems marked up.

Poor discount, fully marked up MF. Deal still sucks.

Use one of the many fantastic brokers on here and have the car shipped to you. It will save you thousands.

5 Likes

Looks like M5 money.

Perhaps take a look at an m850. There are a few great deals in the marketplace on those.

And if that money is within your budget for a lease go for the m8!

You can get a 2020 750 for less than a $1000 a month from brokers on this site. With $2500 DAS.

@nextlevelautobrokers and @nyclife both have new ones posted for 18-19.5% off with payments in the 800’s. Of course you have broker fee and shipping but that’s going to be $1500 tops.

I hear you if you want a 550 but the 7’s are leasing way better.

4 Likes

I think you are right. That opens more options for me. I found the spreadsheets for both brokers and @nextlevelautobrokers seems to have multiple 750i M design ones.

Another comment was about the M850i, which is another option.

Dreyer has a beautiful black M8 convertible on the floor if want to go crazy. I stopped by to get the BMW Connected app working and saw it sitting there.

Don’t settle for a 7 if you really want a 550

Just find a better deal on the 550, either retail or lease transfer

I’m positive the 750 is not a settlement car versus the 550

3 Likes

Read up on how to negotiate. Use email. You are getting hosed.

A childhood friend of mine recently bought the M850i and he absolutely loves it.

That car unfortunately is not within my budget at this time, but in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What exactly is your budget? It’s hard for anyone to help you here if we don’t even know what your target is.

Maybe a broker has an M850 in your price range? Have you actually reached out to a broker? Several have been mentioned in this thread, alone. Go check out the market place to get an idea of what’s on offer.

You need to change up your methodology if you want different results.

2 Likes

Sheesh! Who told you I need your help in identifying a target? My post is clear. It is a price quote from a dealership regarding an M550i. Everyone was very helpful in explaining how it is a bad deal. Some suggested M5, M850 or 750. Thank you for the suggestions and I’m considering them.

Not looking for methodological results. Thanks for your comment.

Well, the deal was bad for all the previous points made in this thread and you should find a broker.

I don’t see why you would have taken that as a personal attack. Best of luck on your search, you’re going to need it.

2 Likes

He doesn’t need anyone’s help. My prediction: He’ll just settle for the path of least resistance and get a 7-series from a broker.

3 Likes

Do you not like the 7?
Twice you’ve used the word “settle” in reference to a vastly better car

1 Like