2020 BMW M340i Low Inventory?

It only effects the warranty of the ECU… (discussed thousands of times on various forums). I’ve tuned plenty of leased cars and never-ever had an issue (Mostly VW’s).

The power you can get out these turbod cars is insane . Do your research and read yourself.

The only thing that sucks is that $700-$900 cost is rolled into a car that you’ll eventually return so you won’t get anything back out of it. There are cheaper options too where you can simply plug in a tune into the EBD port but won’t give you as much gains.

The current G20, 330i’s you see going here like hot cakes? That with a DME Tuning tune will obliterate a stock M340i.

The tune is an option to get that kind of power without spending an additional $20K to jump up to a M340i.

Let’s face it, the 330i M Sport is pretty identical to a M340i (sans the powerful 6 cylinder engine)

Don’t lease a car if your intention is to mod it.

1 Like

It’s funny, a few years ago I was down in Mexico vacationing and met with a top German VW engineer based out of their Chattanooga plant. He was also vacationing down in Mexico. Started chatting about how the German quality is alot lower when their cars are being built in the US (the Passat is built in TN) and how other VW’s are built in Mexico etc.

He assured me that the quality control is pretty much the same as in Germany. All of the factory machines are shipped out of Germany and their quality control checks are exactly the same. I kept telling him “no way” etc but he assured me it was the same…

I still think they’re put together better when they’re assembled in Germany so there’s that…

What’s your reasoning behind that? If it shouldn’t hurt the warranty, why not ?

From what I’ve read M340i has a locked DME, but I’m sure the tune will be available soon if not already. If you have a catastrophic engine failure and BMW seems that their engineer needs to inspect it you’ll be SOL. They will see that DME was reflashed even if you flash it back to stock.
330i comes with 255bhp while m340i is rated at 382bhp. There is no way stock turbo on 330i will get you additional 120hp.

1 Like

What about the 330 ? Same thing applies ?

Cmon man this has been discussed ad nauseum on every BMW forum … do some basic searching

Find only 60 M340i available Nationwide hard to believe given BMW of Fremont in CA has 19 in inventory on their site which is about 1/3 of what you’re seeing available nationwide

1 Like

Maybe Fremont only selling at sticker? :rofl:

Or they don’t sell because everyone else just buys a P3D? :battery:

1 Like

Not sure it is worth spending nearly $1k for a tune on a leased car, IMO.
To each their own.

1 Like

Half of them are labeled “coming soon”…

:female_detective:

1 Like

That might be the best reason to do it actually. You can walk away from an abused car.

1 Like

Over half of those say coming soon, 4-6 weeks out apparently

1 Like

Yeah, I feel ya… felt the same but when you get that power there’s no going back… trust me, you know it’ll be worth it for 3yrs…

It’s not just from start but the car pulls and pulls at every gear…

Carbahn has a warrantied tune

A third party offering their own warranty doesn’t mean jack from BMW’s perspective

2 Likes