2020 BMW 540i xDrive Executive Demo

I have an opportunity to put together an offer on a ’20 540i xDrive Executive Demo. The car has under 3k miles. Based on the information provided by the dealer, I was able to build it out on the BMW configurator and the MSRP is just over $72k (I will request a copy of the Monroney sticker to confirm). They are advertising the car at ~$66k. I’m thinking this deal should be 15% off MSRP before incentives, but not 100% confident. Unlike the 3 series and X3, etc., there’s not as much information on 5 series deals. Hoping to get some insights on a ‘fair’ offer for this. Assume buy rate and May lease incentives/terms apply.

Why don’t you just reach out to the dealer and ask them for what you want? I think 15% off is attainable on a loaner. I would personally try and squeeze for more.

That’s my plan, but just want to have my game plan set before I formally contact them.

Where are you located. Location is needed. Look at broker deals for a 540i if you can. There are enough to benchmark as Max said, so I recommend you do that.

There have been more than enough 5-series demo/loaner deals to benchmark this.

Boston area

Brokers have it between 12-18% depending on broker and region last month, some have not updated for this month.

Have you even considered contacting a broker? There is one based out of Boston on the forum.

@Bostoncarconcierge is a broker in Boston. You could always reach out to him.

2 Likes

That price might probably include all incentives (such as BMW finance incentives and conquest). If you plan to reach out to the dealer, I would suggest confirming the following info first:

1. MSRP of the car (I know you mentioned you will).
  2. Find out whether that $66k price includes any incentives by asking what the pre-incentive sale price is.

Good luck.

Thanks. I will absolutely get at these details!

Thanks for the reference. We have to replace 2 BMWs in the near future and I got nowhere with my long time CA. Broker may be the way to go.