2020 BMW 530e $75k special order deal for grabs (currently leaving factory)

This time of year at least. Maybe if I shopped my build around more I could’ve seen better, but I didn’t see dealers break 10% (11.5%) till June the earliest last year after a lot of negotiating. Invoice on a factory build is more common in the first quarter of the year. Though some hackrs are proving me wrong.

check bmw usa offers website, it lists those clearly for your zip

Lot of these comments are weak criticisms that do not take into consideration the unique nature of the deal.

1 Like

Unique <> valuable.

In fact, sometimes things are rare specifically because almost nobody wants them.

:bat:

3 Likes

What’s unique about it?

Happens more often than you think. As I understand it this was the case with my red 440i.

If OP already has swap pending on this lower msrp with payments of $699+ tax, I dont see what would be the issue of putting the higher MSRP for 41 bucks higher.
OP you just posted at the wrong place bud. Keep on with your swapalease game and you should be able to get out easy it seems.

2 Likes

That’s his current car. He custom ordered another one (530e - same model as his current) but with max or near max options. And it’s coming two weeks but he decided he wants to get a DIFFERENT car now.

So, he’s trying to find someone to take over the deal he made on his custom ordered 530e. But no one’s probably going to take it over because it’s a fully loaded 530e on an average discount. So, he’s going to leave that dealer cold with a car that’s going to probably be rotting in the lot for an year.

3 Likes

I’m no advocate of reneging on commitments, regardless of verbal or contractual. However many here are jumping to the conclusion that OP will leave the dealer high and dry, a bit unfairly IMO considering OP said he will follow through if no other takers.

Let’s just give OP the benefit of the doubt and move on please.

2 Likes

Thanks for summarizing the entire thread but I had read all 56 posts pretty clearly and if I remember correctly OP did mention that if it doesnt go to anyone else, he would be taking delivery and posting on swapalease.
Lets be honest, anyone of us could be in such a situation where they built a car but then something really good comes up and you are stuck on making a decision of where to go. Not defending OP but just thrashing him and automatically holding him that he will be ill-treating the dealer, is just a jump to conclusion.
Btw, @livesandiego is not someone who just joined the forums a few days ago to just throw away deal. He has been a contributing member for quite a long time now.
Happy leasing everyone!

I tell you guys it’s bipolar behavior… one day we sue the dealer and the next day we have an angry mob because some dude dumped a highly optioned 530e onto a dealer.

1 Like

Plus, its not like the dealer didn’t know the risk of OP not taking the delivery. I see no foul play here.

Tough crowd on this thread. To folks criticizing OP - although we are entitled to our opinions, I can’t fault someone for trying to hack a deal on a 7 series.

As for those comparing the monthly to that of a well optioned 530i or 540i xdrive, as some have said, incentives and discounts vary compared to the 530e. 10.3% MSRP on a 2020 model is not the biggest discount we have seen on a 5 series. Some brokers have advertised at least 14% off MSRP on new 2020 (530i and 540i) in-stock cars.

@livesandiego - if you do get the M760i, post your deal and share photos.

1 Like

It wasn’t just any dealer they wanted to sue, it was an out of state dealer on a car that is at best a very niche car because of an apparent mistake on an online ad that was left up “about a week” after he called and was told right up front it was a mistake

It’s similar to when I took all kinds of sh** for telling a woman on here that she probably didn’t have much recourse when she wanted to renege on her aviator lease because the dealer calculated sales tax wrong and it was going to change her monthly like 8 bucks or something and she’d already been driving the car a couple months refusing to fix the issue. She wouldn’t post her contract but did post an addendum saying if she canceled the deal she’d have to pay 50/day for what she used the car. I posted case law, consumer advocate letters from actual lawyers and was beaten down because some chick on here said I didn’t know the meaning of “promulgate” which I was actually using the #1 definition in every dictionary. Long story short, woman claimed to have hired a lawyer to sue the dealership and her lawyer “has won every single case.” as far as we know we never heard back from her or her perry Mason attorney.

Weird bunch

1 Like

Yea my $72k 540i is $522 with no MSD and just first payment down. It’s gonna be tough to move a 530E at that price as anyone who would be ok paying that could just order one exactly how they want it.

Truth. The rest is just noise. Good luck OP.

Curious on your 540i deal. Was that for a new car or a loaner? Was loyalty included in your deal?

Yes loyalty.

Same no msd, just 1st month + shipping.

So much in options but still a slow car :stuck_out_tongue: even if it’s partly EV…