2020 BMW 330XI HIGH MILEAGE LEFT (16.6K/YEAR) $379 INC TAX with $2800 MSDs plus $1000 cash due

Leased this car right before Covid hit and my driving habits of 15-18k/mi a year went down to 3-5k because of remote working. Car is basically a garage queen at this point. Everything is mint besides scratches on the bumper that came from the dealership (Documented and wont be held accountable, bumper rash that was painted over since this car was a loaner for them). I do alot of highway driving and I am SHOCKED at how this car will easily get 40mpg on a long high way run, and I average around 37mpg between my 20% city/80% highway driving.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 BMW 330xi All Wheel Drive

MSRP: $51,070
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $379 INCLUDING TAX
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided):

Current mileage: 14,847
Maturity mileage: 49,517
Effective miles per month: 1,386 (effective 16,640/year)
Maturity date: Mar 14, 2023 (25 months starting next month)

MSD due (if any): $2800 in MSDs (Will be given back to you by BMW when lease is turned in)
Cash due (if any): $1000 due to me to cover some of the dealer/bank/acquisition fees i paid upfront.
Incentive for new lessee (if any): none

Financial institution: BMW Financial Services
Transfer fee: $350 (I believe BMW charges this to you with the application, and if it is not approved they refund it to you)
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details:

Photos: (I apologize as these photos are not great and I haven’t washed the car for a couple weeks with the bitter cold)

Very nice car! The transfer fee with BMW FS is actually $500+tax. This is broken up as $100+tax for the application fee and $400+tax for the transfer fee. If the applicant’s credit is not approved or if either one of you cancels the transfer while it’s pending, the transferee is refunded the $400+tax only. Good luck!

Thanks for the information!

Sent you a PM

This is a bit misleading. It might include your tax, but the next lessee will be taxed again.

So if someone from NY takes over this lease, so they pay additional tax or continue paying the payment OP is making

I’m interested in hearing the story behind this bumper rash.

3 Likes

Those are front plate screw scratches from another car.

Common in NYC (or other urban areas) with people that street park/parallel park.

GLWT OP

You would pay additional tax on top of the OP’s current payment.

1 Like

That sucks despite OP and let’s say me both being from NY.

So any time someone is doing lease transfer the lease takeover person will pay twice the tax or so.

For NY (and a few other states) yes, because tax is paid upfront on the whole lease, and it is not returned when you sell/transfer it.

Other states are different, if you pick up a car in FL you pay tax on monthly amount, and when you transfer it, you stop paying tax. Lots of posts about this & NY Tax in the forumhttps://leasehackr-assets.b-cdn.netoriginal/3X/3/6/361f97ea63f3e58127dbe631061d3afd29d0b5a4.png

Edit: NY Tax post example

1 Like

What about lease where everything is rolled in?

I got a bmw lease with all fees taxes rolled into monthly payment. Let’s say example 300 including taxes. If I want to transfer this to a friend or stranger in NY, would they be paying additional tax on top of the 300 payment?

Thanks for help

Yes.

10 characters

2 Likes

Like max said above, yes.

if your friend is in NY, then he would have to pay ~326 with tax. If he transfers to another person, that person will pay ~350, and so on… but we’re getting off topic.

1 Like

NJ is like NY where tax is collected up front on total lease payments but in NJ if you transfer to someone else in NJ then the transferee doesn’t pay tax again.

NY will double tax regardless.

I took over a BMW lease from someone in TN. Their payment was $204.22 (their pre-tax was $190.86) and mine after the transfer including NJ tax is $203.50 - this was at the end of 2019. BMWFS did not even ask me how I wanted to deal with the sales tax just automatically rolled it into the monthly payment.

1 Like

I am interested. Please contact me. I have already sent you a message few days ago.