2020 Acura TLX w/Tech Target Price

That must have been it, I am still getting used to the terminology and how it all works, I confused myself lol

I didn’t say it was a bad deal or anything I was just giving him an option to consider. Like unless he can pull a unicorn deal on this car…he may want to see how the MF plays out due to the recent interest drops. Acura has one of the highest MF out there so it was something to consider.

The original poster didn’t say whether they urgently need a car or not, but framed up what they thought was a good deal. If they can get that deal and they think it’s a good deal, I guess I don’t understand why they should hold out hoping that maybe they can get a better deal next month? Unicorns are just that, nearly impossible to catch.

There is no consensus if incentives/MF will be better next month (I think worse). Anybodies guess.

The MF is indeed high, and plenty of other cars have lower MFs now if that’s the concern. I wouldn’t pay 5% interest on any car, but if this is the car, that’s the rate. Acura MFs are notoriously high, Honda rarely subvents them.

So yeah, they could roll the dice next month, but nobody knows if it will be better or worse, or (as discussed elsewhere) some vehicles will even have lease options. They could flip everything to finance. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Acura does tend to have very high mfs, but they also throw almost $9000 in incentives on a $35000 car. They’re just throwing money at incentives vs throwing money to subvene the rate.

2 Likes

They don’t have to but if after considering all options, if it helps OP negotiate a better price on the current deal would help him get a better deal. That’s all.

Are you talking about aronchi1’s deal posted with 26.7% off MSRP? That includes the rebate

I forget the exact one but the percentage sounds right

Correct. The huge dealer cash, high MF and low RV makes them excellent candidates as lease to immediately buy, considering they hold their value fairly well in real life. A TLX having a lower RV than a 7 series is absurd.

1 Like

Does that mean you recommend leasing with the current incentives then buying the TLX at the end of the lease?

No…refinance it immediately to reduce the finance/rent charge. There are tons of threads on here discussing it.

1 Like

Can you point me in the direction of one of those threads? Should I be looking under marketplace cause I look there a lot and I haven’t seen anything detailing a refinancing of a lease.

Perhaps, and I’m just spitballing here.

This site has a SEARCH function :mag:

Try “Acura” and “refinance” and MAYBE you might find what you’re looking for? And share it here??

Also Kia Stinger refinance or buyout.

1 Like

These numbers are missing so many things it’s hard to even know where to start. First the MSRP above doesn’t include destination. That’s 995, this doesn’t include acquisition which is 595, doesn’t include doc fee (could be as much as 800 if a place like Florida , doesn’t include Tags and title or sales tax. You’re looking at least 345 per month for this car all in.
(Without the 2k down - don’t put money down on lease). No chance you are anywhere near your estimate.