2020 Acura TLX w/Tech Target Price

I saw a few threads on here that stressed the importance of having a target in mind, an idea of what a great price is before going into a dealership. I did research on here and edmunds and thought of these terms as my target, my perfect price/lease deal. I do not want to message my dealer without specific numbers in mind.

|Manufacturer MSRP| $36,700 (From Acura Website)
|Selling Price (SP)| $33,030 (10% off MSRP)
|Incentives/Rebates| $8,700 (Incentives for TLX w/tech from Edmunds)
|Residual Value| $16,515 (50% RV from Edmunds)
|Months| 36
|MF| 0.00215 (From Edmunds, 5.16%)
|Down Payment| $2,000 (To reduce Cap Cost and lower Monthly)
|Capitalized Cost| $22,330 (Selling Price less down payment less incentives)

|Monthly Dep| $161.53
|Monthly Finance| $83.52
|Lease Payment| $245.04

Would you consider this an attainable goal, or completely out of the realm of possibility?

Thank you!

You shouldn’t put any CCR and are missing all the fees and taxes.

1 Like

Yes sir, with 0 down, that puts the monthly at $304.9. In that case I would only pay for the taxes and fees upfront, which would be ~$1000?

Calculator link?

That MF is brutal.

I do not have a calculator link, I just plugged in what I felt was my best case scenario, I can make one though. The MF is very high but that is what edmund’s said it was for my zip code, maybe I should ask about MSDs?

Calculator link (I just plugged in the numbers I had above as best I could):

Acura doesn’t do MSDs.

Are there any recent deals at 10% pre-incentive? If so, I think you found your floor. Do you know how you’re going to proceed?

I did not see any recent deals that were 10% pre-incentive but I saw some that were 26% MSRP without the $8700 incentive. My plan is to message my local acura dealers and say this is what I can spend and if they cannot do it, then I move on to the next dealer and hope someone can. I will make sure to do all negotiating online like this website recommends!

Are you sure? Do you mind posting a link to the 26% off deal?

1 Like

I’m confused… something is getting lost in translation

1 Like

The 26% off had to include the incentives. You should be able to reverse calculate the numbers.

1 Like

I might have misread it. The next acura deal I see posted I will check if it includes the incentive or not.

I explained it poorly. I saw a deal on here that was 26% off MSRP, it must have included the incentive in the selling price as Jon mentioned. I apologize.

The big Acura incentives have been direct to dealer, so sometimes they show up weird in discussions since they aren’t itemized out of the selling price.

1 Like

So back to it. Suggest negotiating the preincentive discount first, confirm the discounts, then verify the lease payment last. Or as some suggest confirm they have the car and propose the deal structure.

No worries. What state are you in?

If you’re not getting an unicorn deal I’d wait to see if that MF gets lower next month. But the risk is losing the incentives…who knows… just something to think about

I will do that. I will negotiate a % off MSRP price, then apply the $8700 incentive at the end. I will make sure they have the specific car too. Thank You

Nobody said it was a bad deal, or that it wasn’t a good deal. It’s just not a one of a kind, unreplicatable steal.

Who knows if this is even advice? Let alone unicorn advice.

I am in South Carolina. Do you have any predictions for how incentives/MF may change in April? I just know the $8700 incentive is the highest I have ever seen.

Absolutely nobody anywhere knows. Anyone who says otherwise is telling tales.