2020 Acura RDX A-Spec $463/month, Signed***

Sharing my deal on an RDX I picked up a few weeks ago. It’s not able to be duplicated unless 1) you go with a 2020 and 2)find a dealer that will actually deal. Most quotes had me around $70-$100 higher.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
MSRP: $47,025
Sale Price: $40,625
Monthly Payment: $463 (includes tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $1,621 (covers fees,taxes, reg, and a small CCR)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 7500 (rolled over 13,5XX to make it an effective 36K mile lease)
MF: .00215
Residual: 58%
Incentives: $3,000 loyalty
Region: NE

I didn’t quite hit my target on sale price but came close enough that I wasn’t going to throw away the deal over $450. There are definitely more hackable options, or at least there were pre COVID, but I like the uniqueness of the RDX and in A Spec trim I think it looks particularly sharp. Plus the most important thing is my wife is over the moon happy.

4 Likes

I like the “$450 no throw away” approach in this dreadful market. Enjoy.

Future Hackr Data Point:
$47,025 MSRP
$40,625 Selling Price
$ 6,400 Total Discount

$ 3,300 Acura-to-Dealer Incentive
$ 3,100 Dealer Discount
6.6% Pre-Incentive

5 Likes

As always, important for folks looking here to know the car, the market, and the want factor - for most folks, you drive a car and not a deal. A lesson I have learned way way way too many times the hard way.

I’ve already congratulated you, but I’ll say it again anyway - congrats! Well done for your market!

5 Likes

Earned wisdom in these words.

Congratulations. Please share pics!
The RDX is any trim is very hard due to the skyhigh mf (0.00225) for non loyalty.
The $3000 loyalty plays a big factor in this deal.

1 Like

What is your sales tax rate? You got a good deal but not so hard to duplicate, @aronchi has an RDX A Spec with same msrp listed for slightly lower sale price for example.

(I’m not implying that his deals aren’t special)

This is a very strong deal, especially given how low rdx inventory is

3 Likes

Wow. Ive never seen you compliment a deal before.

1 Like

10% Sales tax on the monthly payment so ~$421 pre-tax. I researched here for comparable deals (not many given Acura’s don’t historically lease well, and fewer still on the RDX) and I looked at what @aronchi had listed. I would have saved myself the headache, and additional $700, and gone with him if the deals weren’t just for NY residents but I can unequivocally say it would be hard if not impossible to duplicate in my local market and others at this juncture as well due to dwindling inventory.

Timing plays a big part as @28firefighter said, especially in the current environment. My dealer had no 2020 A-Specs in stock before July was even over but it just so happened they took one back on a dealer trade from another dealer in their group. No one on the sales staff even knew it was in stock until I asked about it. If I would have balked or pressed them further there’s the possibility someone else would come in and accept their offer so I wasn’t interested in chancing a local purchase would be jeopardized by a few hundred dollars.

1 Like

Oh yeah? Well you sit when you pee.

1 Like

You are happy with the RDX which is first and foremost a major component of “a great deal.” A healthy discount, combined with the loyalty incentive, the fact that you were able to take out a 7,500 mile per year lease AND Acura let you roll over 13,000+ miles. Excellent job my friend!

2 Likes

Leasehackr starting to get real technical as deals dry up – I like it

Would you mind explain the Acura to dealer incentive? I’m in the market for a rdx and I’m a newbie here. Thank you

Acura currently has a $3,300 incentive that it provides directly to dealers for RDX leases. Since it’s provided directly to the dealer it isn’t taxed and it very likely isn’t disclosed on any offer sheets from the dealer. Rather, it’s included in any sale price for the vehicle.

So for example, the MSRP on my car was $47,025. If the dealer offered me a sale price of $43,725 that means I am getting the $3,300 incentive but a dealer discount of $0, which means I am effectively paying MSRP. The incentive nets you 7% off MSRP however you’ll want to shoot for anywhere from 6.5% to 8% additional discount depending on trim and location. That incentive, as does the $3,000 loyalty, expires next Tuesday and it’s not likely to get any better so I would move quick if you’re thinking of a leasing on.

3 Likes

Thank you so very much for this explanation. I really appreciate it. It has been hard dealing with all these dealers trying to not over pay.

Here’s one of the dealers offer:
Msrp:44,195
Sale price :40600

So that means that the dealership is only giving me 295. Should I try to ask for more discount?

Incentives might vary by region so it’s best to go on Edmunds and ask what incentives, RV and mf is for your trim and zip code. But looking at your deal, dealership is definitely not discounting much.

Yes. Most dealers will assume you aren’t aware of the unadvertised dealer cash and disguise it as part of the dealer discount. For the unknowing consumer it looks like a great deal If that’s all they are offering then you should counter them accordingly and while I think Acura/Honda programs are national, it can’t hurt to confirm as @sharksfan15 suggests.

Any idea if a Honda in the house will qualify as loyalty?

It does not. I hear it qualifies for conquest though.

1 Like

Acura RDX Conquest Offer: $1000 if you own a 2010 or newer Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Genesis, Honda, Infiniti, Lexus, Lincoln, Mercedes Benz or Volvo vehicle.

from here: 🍊 FL - AUG ACURA - LOYALTY CRAZE ! TLX $337+ t, MDX $423+tax SIGN N DRIVE THIS WEEKEND!