2020 Acura MDX tech and down pymt question

And lastly CANT ACURA JUST GIVE ME THE SAME EFFING LEASE DISCOUNT ON A BUY AND STOP GIVING ME A POUNDING HEADACHE :rofl:. GAHHHHH!

The dealers don’t offer bigger incentives. The manufacturer does. The dealer doesn’t have anything to do with what incentives are.

If I had to guess why, it’s because they offer lower APR financing rates on purchases rather than show a larger discount. Most people when they lease don’t ever get into the whole “selling price” thing, so they’re not really even aware that there are incentives being applied. If they do, it’s easier to explain a larger discount than a mf discount.

As for your conversation with the credit union, you’re correct. You’d lease, then buy out the lease just like buying out the financing. Only difference is how sales tax is applied. Which state are you in again?

2 Likes

Maryland. And yes, sorry my lingo i meant the manufacturer incentive :blush:

You should research how taxes are handled when a lessee buys out a lease in your state.

Definitely don’t want to pay 6% of the selling price twice :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Agreed. In some states, this is super easy, as sales tax on the lease is just on the payment. In places where you have to pay tax up front and on the buy out, it gets a bit stickier.

1 Like

Ok please dont yell at me for this…how do I find out what the incentive is for buy? The same way I did for lease on edmunds?

You should be digging around Edmunds and Acura forums before asking us, not the other way around.

1 Like

Ok ok ok…:slight_smile:

From what I have seen its 5000 or so rebate on a buy. Makes sense to take the 8250 on the Tech lease then buy it out.

1 Like

So did you get anywhere with the deal ? If so, plz post …

Still working on it because my husband has vetoed the lease. So still researching if its better to lease to immediate buyout with my credit union or to just work out a good purchase instead of lease.

Anyone still hanging with me here? This is the longest ive ever taken on making a decision on a car before IN MY LIFE. Current status:

We have decided on purchase. We are currently looking at two 2020 Mdx sh awd at the same dealer. One is a tech and one is a tech/entertainment. The dvd is NOT the selling point for us on the entertainment pkg. Hubs prefers the captains chairs in the 2nd row as opposed to the bench and the entertainment pkg is cheaper than going up to other trim level. The dvd is pretty outdated with no wifi hotspot or hdmi input.

2020 sh awd tech msrp 52,525
Sale price with rebate 39,214

2020 sh awd tech msrp 54,395
Sale price with rebate 42,395

Dealer will not budge any more on either of these sale prices. 39,200 was the best sale price I could get out of 3 local dealers.

I’m even more confused now looking at the 2021 Honda Pilot Elites that have much better entertainment technology. Msrp 49k. Cant find any prices paid forums for these but guessing prob not much room to negotiate since they are 2021s. Also would not be able to buy the Honda now because my current mdx lease doesn’t mature untiln12/31/20.

1 Like

I hope you mean lease and then immediately buy out the lease when you say purchase.

1 Like

Have you gotten buy out quotes on the mdx from carvana and vroom?

1 Like

If you have no plans on purchasing/leasing a vehicle this month, why are you looking and negotiating? The pricing you get now more than likely won’t be the same as December.

1 Like

I have an mdx with a year left on the lease and caravana offer was significantly above payoff. Just sold a tlx the same way. Came and picked it up. Amazingly smooth. If there were cars to buy the MDX would be gone too! Don’t want to buy the tires :joy:

1 Like

Which region? I was offered lower than payoff with 6 months left.

Nashville - there was a pretty solid region adjustment in their offer that made it positive

Carvana offered me lower than payoff, vroom offered me more!

Acura has the pull ahead program that would get me out of my lease now. And thanks to my friends here I do have options to buy the honda now if I decide to.