2019 VW Atlas SEL 4MOTION $473/month + MSDs

Got this one yesterday. I really wanted the captains chairs in the 2nd row. The SELs are a bit harder, less lease incentives and higher MF. It was a battle to get them down, but did manage to get 16% off the MSRP. This includes $500 partner program discount (my company is a VW partner). I really like the car.

MF and MSD: The MF on the SEL was almost twice as high as the SE (.00151 SEL vs. .00083 SE). I put $4,750 into MSD to reduce the MF to .00071. The dealers were surprised we wanted to do this. Sales guy said it’s first time in at least 5 years he has seen this. However, it makes all the sense in the world. REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT of $4,750 to saves approx $2,150 over 3 years is a no brainer! Its refundable, whenever you exit the lease. I don’t know why the sales guys don’t sell this program more vs. trying to get you to put money down. I would take this guaranteed return on my money any day (think of it like an opportunity cost return).

Lastly, I have a Honda Odyssey EX-L on end of lease. I took it to carmax, appriased at $1,000 over my payoff. Dealer matched it (tried to get them to beat it, but wouldn’t). But they wrote me a check when I left, boom!

2019 VW Atlas v6 SEL w/ 4 Motion
MSRP: $46,925
Selling Price: $39,425
Monthly Payment: $473 w/ tax
Drive-Off Amount: $473 first payment (reduced my interest a bit and since I had trade in equity)
Months:36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00071 (after MSD)
Residual: 57%
Incentives:
Region: Bay Area
Leasehackr Score: 9.6
Leasehackr calc note: Only had first month payment as drive off, the other fees were capitalized. Not sure I can split the treatment in the calculator, but entered negative down payment to adjust and this works…
Leasehackr Calculator Link: https://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=none&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=46925&sales_price=39425&months=36&mf=.00071&dp=-1323&dealer_fee=0&acq_fee=0&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=57&reg_fee=0&sales_tax=8.25&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

2 Likes

I didn’t know WV did MSD… good to know

Nice job, and way cooler than a minivan

Totally, felt good handing over the odyssey keys. However, those are actually smooth rides and I could fit a lot of crap in that with seats out.

Do you mind telling me which city and dealer? Looking for similar Atlas soon. Thanks!

Well there is an risk involved in MSD. I once had my car totaled by the crappy insurance laws (if repairs > 60% of current value they can salvage it to earn $$) and thus the MSD is gone. Also the GAP does not cover MSD

There must be more to this story, as your MSDs should have been returned to you when insurance paid off the vehicle. MSDs are not normally kept when a vehicle is totalled. Down payments? Absolutely, but not MSDs.

1 Like

For those that find this deal in the future, could you spell out how much of the $7,500 was dealer discount and how much was incentive?

Enjoy the Atlas!

I think its good to ask the lendor. So when totaled the payoff amount was reduced due to MSD.

Now the insurance is not going to pay extra …for them the payoff quote is everything. On the other hand the lender will not give a figure without the MSD into consideration. GAP will also not get involved as its purpose is different.

This is a crazy deal.