2019 Volvo S90. Keep the paid off car or sell and get a new one?

I don’t want to sound rude, but that means nothing when you are dealing with dealerships and sales folks. Why not try and get all this in writing given how the market is for GLEs?

Because I have not make a decision yet. I don’t want to cause them more work than necessary. The Mercedes Sales manager is a guy I know and trust. If I decide to go for it, I will just go and shake hands and get it for the price. Same with the XC90 Volvo. That is the dealership I bought the S90 with over 24k discount from (2 years ago). I know the sales manager pretty well and trust her word.
The GLE market or XC90 market is not what it was 4 or 5 month ago. They have lots of 22 inventory and the 23 is either already there (xc90) and here soon (GLE).
It is different when you want a GLS. Those go still for minimum MSRP or with some markup (depending on model and quantity at the dealership).

If you read through here, honestly, you’ll see that these types of situations almost always go awry.

2 Likes

Your thread has gotten almost 400 views and numerous replies from a lot of really knowledgeable people.

I hope you can see that the detailed questions from these complete strangers are only intended to help you make the right decision.

Respectfully, you really haven’t provided enough info for people to help in any meaningful way.

I can close the thread if you’d like, or you’re welcome to continue. But you’ll get better feedback if you give people the tools they need to help.

You are at a distinct disadvantage if you are willing to agree to an opaque deal.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :slight_smile:

I really appreciate the community and the people in this forum. This is by far the most helpful and friendly forum I am part of. I am not trying to hide anything and tell some fairy tales. This is just the situation I am in and I tried to be as clear/transperent as possible. I am not trying to discuss specific car deals, just want to get a sense from financial and logical point of view if it would make sense to keep the car or get into a newer car which is below MSRP. Would it be more helpful when I say my total spending budget is 65k for the new car and I get 30k for my old one? BTW, so far I got some helpful thoughts but would appreciate to hear more.

Here is some refence point on GLE for you. Granted, this dealership lives in their own world due to their location and clientele, but see what even 2020s sell for. They sell 2022s for way over MSRP.
https://www.eurobethesdamercedes.com/certified-inventory/index.htm?category=AUTO&superModel=GLE

In SoCal things are different now. Find a dealership with more than half a dozen GLE on their lot and check their pricing. The more I think about it, the more it is likely that I go for the GLE. I will post the pricing breakdown as soon as I have something in writing.

It’s completely up to you how you want to use the thread and solicit input.

We’re somewhat maniacal about details because that’s where the risks are to the consumer.

Just looking out.

As you were. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interested to hear what @Calvin.MB has to say about current state of GLE.

1 Like

That’s not even the MSRP of the GLE he’d buy. That’s a “similar vehicle” with a slightly different MSRP.

1 Like

Not really. You are not asking a general-enough question for the specifics to not matter, and you are not providing enough specifics for posters to feel like they are giving you truly helpful advice. If you are fine w/ that (and it seems like you are), then I guess there’s nothing to be done about it.

The power of the forum, IMO, is in the specifics and discussing what is actually happening, not in discussing what could happen.

2 Likes

Limited but around. In the market, its mainly what customers are willing to pay.