2019 Volvo S60 T6 Momentum AWD Lease Wanted

Everyone has different tastes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guarantee you, 99% of the people driving loaner Volvos donā€™t floor it to every light, nor are concerned with 0-60 times like an early 20 something that feels the need to record and post said times either. Cause those 0-60 times are oh so important in the real world of driving off a track somewhere :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You are wrong, lol! They whip the shit out of these loaner carsā€¦

People who care about 0-60 times, do not buy Volvoā€™s. They never have. Volvo knows that. Itā€™s why the Polestar models are such limited in numbers. Itā€™s the same reason why Toyota has not (and I would dare to say, probably will not) give the new Corolla a turbo. Because people who buy Corollaā€™s donā€™t give a shit about how fast it is.

Iā€™m not sure where you live that you find people screaming around town in an S90 on a test drive, but thatā€™s not been my experience. Far more likely they want to see how the Pilot Assist works, how a child seat fits and if itā€™s as comfy as their sister-in-lawā€™s, brotherā€™s, wife told them it was.

6 Likes

@Ursus @Orangeman96 @Bjam
You realize that Volvo has completely changed its styling and audience target. Before Geely, they were mostly purchased by older folks, but these cars were made with true care and quality. The classical, boxy XC70 (what a gorgeous classicā€¦I would always drive one for fun when opportunity was there. That unique whistle of the 5 cylinder is truly one of a kind).

I remember the older S60 models were so fun to drive. You could feel pure quality in every piece.
Can you imagine that in 2001, the Volvo S60 T5 ā€œhustled from 0 to 60 mph in a quick 6.5 seconds and covered the quarter-mile in 14.9 seconds at 99 mphā€. Just look at it, back in 2001! Unbelievable! That car is faster than many Volvoā€™s today, in 2019.

They knew how to make superb cars that last. One of my friends has a 2003 S60 2.5T AWD with 140k miles, and it runs like a new carā€¦with original parts. Everything inside the cabin is original, no outside pieces are painted. He has kept it in such condition, as if he just purchased it today. It does not squeak or rattle. Like new! It is garage kept. His leather has no tears in it, and his steering wheel looks very new, without showing amy signs of worn out leather. My other friend has an S60, but a 2001ā€¦with almost 300k miles. Yes, he changed parts here and there, but it runs, and runs strong!

Every time I get to drive that generation 2001-2008, I really get upset, at how much more I enjoy driving Volvoā€™s from then, versus today. Their whole identity was within these 5 cylinders, boxy styles, and Swedish feel. Just the feeling the car gave you, is hard to describe. Those round oval buttons, climate knobs, seat shape, gaugesā€¦are all so classy and tasteful.

Today, they are trying to target younger folks, with cars like the XC40 and S60. You get into oneā€¦and its lifeless. It has no identity. Its 2 big screens and a sad whine of the boosted 4 cylinder.
You can thank Geely for destroying this wonderful brand, and making it just another car.

If I were to choose a ā€œnewā€ 2006 S60 or a 2019 S60, I would gladly take the 2006 S60 2.5T or R, and I would enjoy it a million times more, than what is made today.

I miss the good old Volvoā€™s of the past eraā€¦these were true tanks.

But I heard they can polestar upgrade any car.

Right. Because yā€™know itā€™s really tricky to build a successful business model when all your customers die off.

They HAD to change. They saw what happened to Saab.

Well what they made in 2001-2008, is much nicer than what they make now! I donā€™t see the newer S60 lasting even 150,000 milesā€¦not even talking about 300,000 miles. I would love to see that happen.

And look at this, 2004, and still in excellent shape.

I absolutely love that styling. Those headlight washers, the way the doors are made insideā€¦with high quality grip handlesā€¦I think that was a masterpiece of the time. Even has memory seatsā€¦can you imagine :slight_smile:

Who cares? This is LEASEhackr.

Iā€™m not planning on purchasing a 3 year old Volvo, for much the same reason I wouldnā€™t purchase a 3 year old anything unless it was a Toyota or Lexus and even thenā€¦ I lease so I donā€™t have to deal with maintaining a car to 150,000 miles or 300,000 miles. No thank you. I am not interested in keeping a car past 36,000 miles to be fair.

1 Like

Because cars these days are horribly madeā€¦and they fail at 70-80k miles. These newer Volvoā€™s arenā€™t meant to be driven more than 5 yearsā€¦they start falling apart. Back then, they made cars that last. Everyone has different financial situations. What if you canā€™t get another car in 3 years, and what you have now fails you. With the older S60ā€™s, those who bought them, had a easy 16-18 year ownership termā€¦and could keep them as long as they please, because they work! Even to this day, they are not that outdated. They have most modern features, for a car that is 16 years old.

Iā€™m feeling thatā€™s what Bmw is now. Done by 50k.

1 Like

You canā€™t win with a 20 year old know it all. He always manages to suck me in though because his sense of real world reality is so warped. Then again, I guess we were all 20 and knew everything once too. I hope we werenā€™t as obnoxious about it though :wink:

3 Likes

What did I say wrong? You disagree that 2.5T isnā€™t reliable?

Yet people are keeping those cars that donā€™t last longer :roll_eyes:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.caranddriver.com/news/amp22815727/america-household-vehicle-age/

1 Like

Ok, Iā€™m as much at fault as anyone for getting off topic, but letā€™s get back on track. Keep it to the OPs original question or itā€™ll get moved to the landfill.

3 Likes

@mp11477 this is all my fault :slight_smile:

1 Like

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

So do we think these s60ā€™s are going to be affordable in the near future?

1 Like

Not for a few months it seems

1 Like

I donā€™t get how anyone could live with the interior on the Momentum (or even R-Design) compared to an Inscription. I get that the price is much lower, but the Momentum interior is so bad it almost feels like a non-luxury car. My wife and I looked at a 2017 XC90 Momentum and we laughed out loud at the swath of non-perforated, bumpy leather as soon as we opened the door and asked the salesman to go get an Inscription instead. In my opinion, itā€™s well worth the money to jump up to an Inscription. The R-Design is a bit nicer than the Momentum, but you still miss out on a lot of the luxury features the Inscription has.