2019 Trax LT FWD

You can get an LS with the “tint and cruise package” for $495 MSRP extra. but I don’t use it but maybe once every 3-4 months, so not a big deal for me.

1 Like

Been 24 hours now. Been in contact with Honcker and they claim dealer is working with the $3,000 GM points. It is not rocket science, just add that as a rebate and recalculate! I am getting the feeling whatever dealer they are contracted with is either not going to honor the ad, or they do not know how to put together the lease.

1 Like

I’m guessing that they are trying to put it together with the GM programs and it’s nowhere close to what was advertised. It was probably a US Bank lease with purchase incentives to begin with.

Adamcar:

Just out of curiosity about how many miles a year do you drive ? As I recall you did an Encore lease back in March that you then put in all the miles in a short 10 months or so.

I suspect you have me beat (mileage-wise) by a long shot

My wife drives about 150 per day for work and I drive about 30 per day for work, but we are currently getting ready to move to where we both would have about 30 miles per day. So I really don’t need this car but for $100 a month why not? Plus, if I don’t ever use the GM points it would be a waste. That’s why 10k per year this time is fine!!

Or they want to wait closer to month end to see if the sale would be worth the “loss” to meet other numbers… whatever it is, more than 24 hours is ridiculous to keep the customer waiting.

1 Like

Update: received this email this morning:

Hi Adam,

We are pleased to inform you that your Chevrolet Trax LS 1LS is available and has been reserved for you. Your credit application is now being submitted to the lender for a final credit decision.

Once approval is complete, we will prompt you to upload your insurance paperwork in the ‘My Lease’ section of the app

We appreciate your patience.

I am interested to see when I can examine the numbers!

3 Likes

What exactly does that mean ? Is the deal a go or is this just the standard - “We’re working on it” response ?

My first time using Honcker, so I am hoping it means the dealer worked out the numbers and is ready to verify my credit. It still shows as processing on my lease page.

Do you think that Honker will give you a better deal than negotiating directly with the sales manager for a Hackr-type deal ?

Corn some reason I have a feeling they are just going to give you the same original price shown on Honker app WHILE applying you GM credit:) have a cake and eat it too:)
But please continue to report. This isn’t the only real time feedback of using app I’ve seen:) very educational.

Well I got an email with an insurance request and a VIN number to give my insurance company. I googled the VIN and they are in Maryland and I am in Virginia!! This is going to be an issue I bet. Taxes are going to be interesting to work out.

I got a call from the dealer GM and I asked about the numbers and of course he said 167. I mentioned that was the original price and the $3,000 in GM card points need to be applied. He said he would look into it and call me back. Also talked about delivery and I said I’m probably 2 hours away and they said no problem!

Not feeling this now but I’ll play it out.

Edit: According to my VIN, the Trax I would be getting was built in China!! Is this some kind of joke? I thought North American Trax was built in Mexico or South Korea!?

1 Like

This is turning into a complete waste of time and a hard credit pull. Got the following message from Honcker support:
Hi Adam,

Thanks for reaching out!

We encourage you to take as much time as you need to go over the contract prior to signing at delivery or pick up.

In regard to the numbers, you were approved for your original quote:

MONTHLY PAYMENT: $166.96
DUE AT SIGNING: $1482.52
ANNUAL MILEAGE: 10,000
TERM: 24

OMG!!

Hi Adam,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, this quote was with the 3,000 reward points. I can have the dealership reach out to you directly before moving forward.

Best,

How could they have possibly known that ahead of time???

"Hi Adam,

Apologies for any confusion.

We are having your dealer give you a call directly as they are the party that processes the lease.

Best,".

I am willing to give the dealer a chance to apply the $3,000 points, but am not going to upload the insurance ID card in until I get the right numbers back from them. That way the Hocker app will not proceed with the transaction.

Just as I though what the dealer would do. Sucks.
Unfortunately now we would not know how the dealer can sell this on Honcker app without you 3k bonus points.
They do want to have a cake and eat it too.
It’s a problem that I’m not sure how to overcome w Honcker app. We want the advertised price plus whatever separate rebate we qualify for since the idea you can just get the car on Honcker app without any special rebates - nothing like that disclosed in offers pricing. But once dealership learns of individual rebate they just keep the same price and pocket the rebate.

The good thing is the dealer can obviously do the deal at the advertised price. I always get an email or text that my GM card points have been used even before signing any deal, so I am confident the dealer never ran my card to get the points. So I am hopeful all they need to do is apply the $3,000 rebate and calculate the new payment.

EDIT: I retract my statement, the card earnings of $3,000 have been taken from my account! This is unreal! The dealer is trying to have me pay extra to take the car instead of a discount!

JUst got this screen shot loggin to Honcker app.
Basically reads as we can’t promise anything:) lol.

Really sorry to hear about this…it sounds like it is quickly becoming a nightmare. Have you reached out directly to the general manager?