2019 Toyota Yaris 24-month lease 12k miles/yr $351/month

I think this dude is trolling us.

4 Likes

Explore 24 month options! I think what everyone here is trying to say is paying $350/month for a Toyota Yaris or Corolla is ludicrous and you should stop entertaining that ideaā€¦

Yep, I realized that very soon haha. I will definitely be exploring other options.

I drive a lot of rental cars. The Forte is surprisingly nice, nicer than most of the Toyotas Iā€™ve driven. Even if it didnā€™t lease as well as a Toyota Iā€™d get that or an Elantra before a Yaris or Corolla.

OP please hire a broker: for the cost of one lease payment YOU will save thousands.

Insurance is also not much of variable. I switched from VW Jetta $20k MSRP into Toyota Tacoma $40k MSRP and my insurance cost didnā€™t change at all. So no, more expensive car isnā€™t necessarily would cost more to insure.

1 Like

pickup trucks are almost always better insurance wise, bad comparison.

I pay $80 a month for a 65k f150 platinum
I pay $150 a month for a 65k bmw 530i

ymmv. My fiancĆ©eā€™s rates went down about 25% going from a Silverado to a terrain.

OP just call your insurance agent or broker and ask for a bunch of quotes.

similar msrp? guess it depends on the area.

It would be my first time using a broker ā€“ do you think I would be able to get a car through a broker within 2 weeks?

With month-end 2.5 days away, Iā€™m sure you can get a car in 2 days if youā€™re ready to sign.

1 Like

Are dealers more likely to give you a better deal at the end of the month?

Mods, please close this thread down, and consider removing this account. Itā€™s becoming obvious that this person is just messing w/ folks.And their profile has absolutely no relevant info included.

2 Likes

are you near where Cody is? heā€™s a really good toyota option (SoCal)

I just want to make it clear that iā€™m not messing with anybody. I am a true newb to leasing and this site, and honestly thought i had the dealers make me a good deal. I was pointed to this forum by my colleagues and wanted to double check if I was getting taken advantage of by the dealers. And it turns out I was. Please donā€™t shut my account down.

New accounts will soon require 3 verifiable references and a soft credit check :joy:

10 Likes

Look, I donā€™t post here very often, but with all due respect I would suggest doing some research on your own prior to asking a bunch of questions. There are a number of resources out on the web. (and this site) that will help you understand the inā€™s and outā€™s of leasing.

1. What is most important, price, insurance, cost of repair?
  2. Term: What is short. (3 months, 12 months.)
  3. Why a Toyota? Are you open to something else?

Do some research, this thread made me think of this quote.

ā€œIā€™d always end up broken down on the highway. When I stood there trying to flag someone down, nobody stopped. But when I pushed my own car, other drivers would get out and push with me. If you want help, help yourself ā€“ people like to see that.ā€

ā€” Chris Rock

3 Likes

Where are you located? Iā€™m sure thereā€™s some brokers here that can help you out. Do you have a specific budget in mind? Is there a reason youā€™re fixated on Toyota? Help us help you understand your situation.

If you want to be taken seriously, maybe include more info about yourself in your profile. Yours looks like a spam account to most. Maybe at least a first name and location would be best.

24%20PM

Many posters have no info in their profiles. That doesnā€™t mean anything. Mine is blank tooā€¦you want my info? Send an email to CapitalOne and they will give my SSN, full address, account number, full name and dob. Iā€™m very happy with them right nowā€¦

4 Likes

Tens of millions of accounts hacked!!!

No data is safe no matter what company or how much that company spends to protect data.

1 Like