2019 TLX Lease Good?

I have 2 lease offers currently for a 2019 TLX AWD. One is for the AWD Tech the other is for the AWD A-Spec. I am new to leasing and the site and I see $50-60k cars going for $300 a month for luxury SUV’s and I’m just curious if this is a good deal. I’m not getting as high of a leasehackr score either.

2019 TLX AWD w/ Technology

**MSRP: $43,095
**Selling Price: $38625
**Monthly Payment: $399
**Cash Due at Signing: $1100 (first month payment and dealer admin fee of $699)
**Incentives: $6245

**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 12,000
**MF: 0.00093
**Residual: 50%

**Region: Midwest
**Leasehackr Score: 9.6

2019 TLX AWD A-Spec Red

**MSRP: $45795
**Selling Price: $41,000
**Monthly Payment: $430
**Cash Due at Signing: $1130 (first month payment and dealer admin fee of $699)
**Incentives: $5600

**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 12,000
**MF: 0.00093
**Residual: 52%

**Region: Midwest
**Leasehackr Score: 9.5

I am no expert but there are plenty here that can chime in. The important thing to remember is that not all 50k cars lease alike, leases are highly dependent on sales price, and residual (projected resale value) so vehicles that have great resale tend to lease at much better prices. Of course factories influence this dynamic quite a bit, some take on more residual risk than others to move inventory.

Decisions you need to make are what is most important, the best lease deal or the car you want to live with for 3 years the most. In most cases you won’t get both at the same time. From my perspective these are decent deals.

I’m new here, but I think it’s important to remember that the $50-60k cars going for $300/mo (and I don’t actually recall seeing such a deal recently) are the exception, even for people who know how to deal. MB and BMW highly incentivize leasing, so things like loyalty and especially MSDs can make a big difference. Incentives also vary by region.

It also depends on what you mean by “good” since only you know what you’re comfortable w/. The number you posted roughly work out. It also doesn’t seem like you’re putting in much as a down payment.

But I don’t know how much can normally be discounted on Acuras (esp if you want a 2019), and the TLX is an aging platform.

Any and all money you put down should be used for MSDs, not sure if Acura allows those. There’s more incentives for the AWD Tech, so if you’re not married to the A Spec, you should go for the Tech. You’re maximizing your money there and it looks as if they’re giving you a deeper discount on the Tech than the A. Spec, which makes sense.

The most bang for buck here is the Tech.

These are actually good numbers considering that two months ago I was being quoted 550 to 650 on a TLX A Spec in NY.

I know the frugal side of me wants to do the tech. Cheaper, more incentives, still gets me AWD. But I owned an Integra Type R up through college and sold and have been driving a CR-V since.

The enthusiast side of me wants the Aspec. I’m trying one more dealer to get numbers down in town.

Also, all these numbers are $0 down. The reduction from MSRP is all incentives and negotiations.

I’m pretty sure the A Spec has $4100 in incentives according to Edmunds, not $5600. Are you sure it’s not $4100 and a $1500 dealer discount?

You might want to drive the new Accord Sport 2.0T if you’re an enthusiast and want to be in the 300’s. I have owned 3 Acuras, but it’s much more of a sports sedan than the TLX, although the A-Spec isn’t bad. I’m waiting for the redesign and Type-S…

The residual on these kills any chance of a sub 1% deal. It was possible to get a base TLX in the 200’s a couple years ago when RV was aroubd 60%, but not anymore.

You’re right. I’m rolling the $1500 flex cash into the $4100 (aspec) and $4925 (tech) incentives.

My numbers hit the <1% . I got quoted N EX-L 2.0T higher. Was around $460.

Sorry, you’re right, it is at 1%. It’s really not bad at all. FYI the EX-L 2.0T has $1900 lease cash, others have gotten it for high 200’s. Sounds like a pretty ridiculous quote.

If that $5,600 is all dealer or manufacturer incentive then I would think you should be able to get a bit more on the dealer discount.

In any event though that’s a nice payment if it includes tax. I have an A Spec and I love it.

I’m still new and didn’t format it well. The sell price is my negotiated price before the Acura incentive and flex cash.

So the tech is $38625 - $6425 and the aspec is $41000-$5600.

Gotcha…well then those are great deals. On the A-Spec they are giving you a sale price a few thousand below invoice then subtracting incentives.

Personally for the extra $30/month I would go with the A-Spec.

I’m also considering the 2.4 Aspec. A lot of owners swear by the 2.4 being nimble and great and the 8 speed being good. Better gas mileage, etc. But I don’t know, feel like with the aspec one must go with the AWD V6. But in earlier production of this generation there were reports of highway vibration in the AWD V6. Need to go do a final test drive of the V6 and 2.4.

2.4 payment would be well under $400 which would be great too. But a 4 cyl TLX…ehhhhhh

1 Like

I had a 2.4 Tech as a loaner a few months ago and it’s done very well but after stepping out of my V6 and into that the 4 cylinder was a little short on the power side. Light on its feet handling wise though.

Acura does a great job with the AWD setup on the TLX.

If it’s driving dynamics you’re after then the TLX may not be the car you should be looking at… A Spec is a cosmetics package, doesn’t really do anything to improve the driving experience over the Tech…

Accord 2.0T Sport is probably a better driving experience.

Just here to say, get the car you want, not the payment!

I say this because I’ve gotten cars where I loved the monthly but was meh about the car because I didn’t get the trim I really wanted. You’ll be driving it for 3 years so its important you enjoy it!

1 Like

I just got quoted sale price $36,000 - $5600 incentives for the 2.4 Aspec. I would take this over the Accord. Even in 4 cyl format. my Honda dealer isn’t taking much off the EX-L 2.0T from the $33k MSRP.

This is true. The ASPEC is what I want. But the V6 AWD vs 2.4 is the debate. I’m just worried about the reported constant vibrations, that don’t seem to be getting fixed in the AWD models.

The 2.4L in AWD is pretty daft of any dynamics. Seriously, if you think you’re going to get an Integra Type R experience just because there are red seats in the car, you will be disappointed. If you’re going to get the TLX, may as well save money, unless you only want the looks and don’t want the actual experience, which is a different conversation, in my mind.

I can’t imagine going with the 2.4L for that car, it was best used in the TSX or even ILX with manual. Now they’re just soulless cars.