2019 Tiguan SEL 4 Motion 3rd Row Deal

Hey Everyone,

I’m new to the forum and I just had a few questions on the deal I’m being offered.

1. How does this pricing look? I know I need to determine the exact taxes and fees. I’m in NY and the dealer is in NJ so I’m not sure which tax rate they are using. Here are the numbers:

2019 Tiguan SEL 4 Motion w/3rd Row Option
$35,509 MSRP
$31,320 Selling Price
$19,174 Residual
.0006 Money Factor
$3,476 (Up front fees/taxes)
$340 Monthy Payment

1. How to I obtain proof of this deal? What can the dealer send me that I can trust that when I arrive we have this deal on the table for real. I’m also in talks with a dealer in Virginia that is offering me similar pricing but for an R-Line at $369. For some reason the dealer in NJ says they don’t have any 3rd row SEL R-lines and that it’s a rarity.

I’ve stuck with negotiating over email which has had a lot of back and forth but both dealers are finally starting to play. I don’t want to drive to Virginia but I really like the R-Line.

So I guess my 2nd question is more about obtaining proof of a price over email before going to the dealership.

Thanks!

Here is a better breakdown from another dealer. Seems like a good deal to me:

MSRP: $37,020
Sale Price: $32,831
Processing Fee: $699
Acquisition Fee: $675
NY Tag/Title: $359.50
NY Tax: $1,471.80
Total out of pocket: $3,838.37
RV: $19,990.80 (54% of MSRP)
MF: 0.00060 (assuming tier 1 credit)
MP: $352.91

36 or 39mo? Either way that’s an effective payment of $415 or $439 with just first DAS, I just think the tiguan deal isn’t that great right now, especially on higher trim

joeblogs, its for 39 months and 10k on the most recent I posted. Sorry for not listing that.

Yeah it seems that way in terms of how the Tiguan leases. I guess a better lease would be a better residual or money factor?

What other car in this class would lease better if you had to pick?

Or maybe a highlander

It does seem that the Atlas will give you a better lease deal for the money but it’s a little big. The Highlander seems in between the Tiguan and Atlas and I know it offers a 3rd row. I guess I can research that but we really like the VW. I guess it’s not the smartest lease financially but when you like a car…

Thanks for the recommendations.

I like the tiguan, have an SE but the higher level trim bump you into allot of other cars payment wise. The highlander is getting redesigned hence the deals. The tiguan 3rd row is kids only too. The tiguan is a poor man’s Audi, I think that’s why they detuned it so much, didn’t want to cannibalize Q5 sales

2 Likes