2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Lease Review Seattle

Upgrading my wifes current 2013 Subaru Forester XT to a 2019 Outback 3.6R Touring and looking to do our first lease since we are assuming kids and house in the next two years.

Based on my research here I reached out to multiple local dealers for lease and purchase offers. Edmonds confirmed for lease that residual is set at 54% with a MF of .00015 which the lease offer below corresponds with. There is supposed to be a $1500 lease incentive per edmonds but have not yet gone back with that yet to the dealer.

The sell price of 34,991 is somewhat consistent from what I am finding locally. Car Gurus puts Great Deal at $33,500 but not sure they will go that low.

Since this is my first lease I am still unsure on how cost effective this will be vs. purchasing with a .9% finance charge at 48 or 60 months. Tax and plates in Seattle are steep as you can see.

Is there anything I am missing on this lease besides the $1500 incentive? Any specific ways I should go about asking for that - or just go straight after it. Any calculators or rules to help with the lease vs. buy in this scenario?

$410/Month
36MO/10K Year (might need to bump it up to 12k)
MSRP - $40,896
Selling Price - $34,991
Gov Fee - $568.75
Doc Fee - $150
Acq Fee - $595
Due at Signing/Drive Off - $1166.90
Residual - $22,492.80
MF - .00015

This feels like a pretty good discount to me - nothing that stands out as concerning. I think you might have another 750-800 in discount that you should be able to get, but if their inventory is low they won’t be motivated to go deeper.

Inventory of 2019s and especially the 3.6s is dropping quickly, so keep that in mind.

A couple things:
(1) I’d call Subaru of America’s Customer Care and tell them you’re a current Subaru owner and looking to buy/lease a new one. They’ll email you a coupon code for either $500 or $750 off if you provide them with your current VIN.

(2) If you can find a Limited 3.6R and don’t care about the heated steering wheel or brown leather, you should be able to save a bit more as the residual is improved.

If you PM me, I can refer you to the person I bought our 3.6 Limited from at the end of June - not sure who you’re dealing with right now but worth seeing if they can do better.

Regarding buying: The interest rate on the lease equates to about 0.36% financing which is really low. Given how depressed the 2019 and earlier model values have been due to fire sales on these 2019s, I’d lease and let the bank bear out that burden, personally.

1 Like