2019 Subaru Impreza Lease

Subaru is offering through September 3 this deal for a 2019 Impreza 2.0i (Base model)

MSRP: $19480
NET CAP Cost: $17026 (incl. acquisition fee)
MF: .00040
Residual: 57%
Term: 36 months
Mileage: 12k/year
It’s $1989 DAS with monthly payments of $185
I’m located in Oregon

Is this a good deal?

1 Like

If it’s an advertised special, there’s a 99% chance it isn’t a good deal.

Ah I see, any thoughts how I can approach this to negotiate it down?

Should I try to bring the cap cost down or the DAS amount? Any idea what dealerships more open to budge on?

Negotiate sales price, pre incentive. Really the only knobs to be turned are what the sales price (including bs add ons and fees) is and if/how much they mark up the mf.

Thanks, this is really helpful, one last question, any add-on fees in particular i should be aware of?

A lot of places try to add bs like charging for nitrogen tires, window etching, alarms, window tint, paint protection, etc

Try not to put less money down for same payment.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. I live in the Portland area and I’m trying to avoid going to any dealerships in person and wanted to do all the negotiating on email so I can not be pressured, make the right decision, and have everything on paper.

The dealer I am talking to is really trying hard to get me there saying that “We won’t pull credit without a signature on the application, so we won’t b able to acquire & lock in your rate.” Is that valid? Do I really need to go down or is this just some type of tactic?

Just tell them to assume it’s tier 1, if you’re tier 1.

If they won’t, move on.

sorry what is “tier 1”?

Oh boy

If you have the top tier credit

Before getting prices I suggest you do a lot more research here because that ? Alone indicates that you are susceptible to being taken advantage of by dealers

1 Like

haha okay got it, thanks

Didnt mean that to be offensive. But, if I can pickup on it, dealers will smell blood in the water and immediately think they can get a great price out of you.

no worries, i am new at this and am trying to learn as much as possible. So just trying to get right info. Main thing is that I know that with a lease negotiation it’s all about the selling price, and I’m trying to figure out what to start the negotiation at for the impreza with an MSRP of $19095.

Do not, never ever ask this question at the dealership :rofl:

3 Likes

So got a deal offered by a dealer for a 5-door Automatic Impreza

MSRP: 21,261
Selling Price: 19,553
MF: 0009
Residual: 58%
DAS: 1989 (includes tax, registration, title, and 1st month payment)
Miles: 12k miles/year
Term: 36 months
Monthly payment: $195.16

I feel like this is not a good deal. any advice?

Move on to the next dealer. Instead of asking for quotes, you should send them your offer and see if they accept it.

So I’m in the middle of negotiating right now and what I’m trying to get

MSRP: 21830
Selling price: 19,553 (That’s 10.4% off MSRP)
MF: .0009
Residual: 61%
10k/36
Drive off: 1000
Monthly Payment: $211

Leasehackr score: 7.9

Any thoughts?

FWIW, I got a Limited and 12K miles for little more.