2019 SQ5 vs 2021 Q5

What is your call?

1.2019 sq5
2. 2021 q5

I’d take the 21 Q5. The tech upgrade is quite significant and so is the styling. I’d also take the 21 Q5e over both since it’s faster than the SQ5.

Thank you for your input!

I don’t think the Q5e is worth the added cost. Reports say that the base Q5 with 260 hp does a great job at accelerating. Of course SQ5 is faster but also $200+ more per month (2021 vs 2021).

I would go 2021 Q5 vs 2020 SQ5 OP.

Q5e has more power but not faster then SQ5…

Almost 400 lbs battery weight which shows up on handling…

Not enough range on battery to justify the added cost either

That’s not correct. 0-60 on the Q5e is 5.0, for the SQ5 it’s 5.1. The electric drivetrain offers instant torque and lowers the center of gravity which improves handling. As far as “performance” goes it’s pretty much a wash between the Q5e and the SQ5, but neither is a sports car by any stretch. The Q5e gets better gas mileage so that’s what I’d pick.

More to driving than just the manufacturer claimed 0-60 times.

SQ5 for better driving engagement, Q5 55 TFSI E PHEV (Audi needs to work on naming Conventions) for fuel economy.

Without a doubt, but when you’re comparing ~350 hp SUVs, your first priority isn’t handling or driving feel because otherwise you’d be looking at S4/S5 which handle much better and are significantly faster with the same engine. Not to mention with the EU noise regulations, there is hardly any difference in exhaust note (my 2018 S4 is terribly quiet even without the new particulate filters). My point is that paying extra for marginal driving feel improvements doesn’t make much sense when you’re getting over 90% of the same vehicle with significantly better fuel economy.