2019 RAV4 XLE HYBRID AWD lease takeover - $356/mo, $2790 DAS

I negotiated to $150 for the most basic listing on SAL. They’ll play ball if you offer to pay immediately. $300 is outlandish.

:bat:

I’ll never understand the premium people will pay for a hybrid. Factoring in the price of a hybrid which is thousands more vs gas models and you are pretty much either breaking even buying a gas or sometimes even ahead.

As for that hybrid take over lease. Not worth it at over $400 !a month. Some people want to either make money or break even on lease transfers. Better off taking the loss and moving on.

At $4 gas and driving 12k miles year, the hybrid is worth it as a purchase. I believe the numbers are roughly 30 vs 40 mpg. So 400 vs 300 gallons roughly or 400 a year gas savings. The payback is 6 to 8 years. For a short term lease, not worth it.

With the hybrid the more you drive the more you save. So somebody driving 20k miles a year in California is absolutely going to recoup his hybrid premium earlier.

1 Like

Truth be told, I’m tempted almost weekly to get out and pick one of these up even if it means committing long term to a purchase proposition.

I have the infrastructure at home to support it and obviously the means but I just can’t seem to shake the thought of waiting weeks for parts in the instance of failures, or having the car totaled out over something that would easily be a repair on any other car due to the same.

I knew this was a problem in the past, but hoped they resolved it by now. Doesn’t tesla send mobile mechanics or can even send a loaner to you these days?

Compared to the gas version of the rav4, the hybrid is slightly more powerful while reducing my carbon footprint. Plus I like that it’s quiet when using electric without the engine noise. I’m not in a rush to get rid of the rav4. I’m just keeping my options open. Thanks for the advice anyway.

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill