2019 Mini Cooper S 2-door hardtop lease deal

I’m looking at leasing this for 36 months 10K/year. Here is what MINI is offering this month. I cannot seem to replicate this in LeaseHackr calculator. Can anyone help? Thank you.

CC @MConte05

LEASE A 2019 MINI COOPER S HARDTOP 2 DOOR. $279/MONTH FOR 36 MONTHS. $2,999 CASH DUE AT SIGNING.

Offer not valid in Puerto Rico. Lease Offer available on new 2019 MINI Cooper S Hardtop 2 Door models, from participating MINI Dealers through MINI Financial Services through 10/31/18 to eligible, qualified customers with excellent credit history who meet MINI Financial Services’ credit requirements. Monthly lease payments of $279 per month for 36 months is based on an adjusted capitalized cost of $27,105 (MSRP of $30,750 including Signature Trim and destination & handling fee of $850, $0 security deposit, $1000 Customer Cash). Actual MSRP may vary. $850 Dealer contribution may vary and could affect your actual monthly lease payment. Lessee responsible for insurance during the lease term and any excess wear and tear as defined in the lease contract, $.25/mile over 30,000 miles and a disposition fee of $350 at lease end. $2,999 Cash due at signing includes $1,795 down payment, $279 first month payment, $925 acquisition fee, and $0 security deposit. Not all customers will qualify for security deposit waiver. Tax, title, license, registration and dealer fees are additional fees due at signing. Advertised payment does not include applicable taxes. Purchase option at lease end, excluding tax, title and government fees, is $19,680. Offer valid through 10/31/18 and may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Models pictures may be shown with metallic paint and/or additional accessories. Visit your authorized MINI dealer for important details. All 2019 MINI Passenger Cars come standard with 4-years of MINI Roadside Assistance. Refer to the MINI Service and Warranty Information booklet for complete terms, conditions and limitations.

No need to re-create in the calculator. It’s a terrible deal.

1 Like

Yup, spot on.

My great Cooper S deal was done through the long-gone @loberant. Was a one-time special deal 12 month lease. Would be impossible to recreate. Doesn’t seem like any decently discounted Mini’s out there, especially manual S’s.

What is a good lease deal for 36/10K or 24/10K on 2019 Mini Cooper S 2-door hardtop?

Also what are the MF and residual values this month

I signed the lease on a custom Cooper S 2-door hardtop (Iconic trim) this past weekend. I rate-locked to July’s MF and residuals (0.162 and 67% for a 36/10K) when the custom order was placed. For a car with an MSRP of $35,750, my monthly rate including tax (after accounting for a $1k drive-off) was ~$445. This included a $2,000 rebate for a “MINI-Tober” savings event, plus a $250 corporate fleet discount. Both discounts were baked into the rate i.e. no checks in the mail. No other discounts were applied/entertained.

MINI dealers are notorious for not offering discounts. The MINI-tober event was a nationwide discount offered by MINI USA, with some leeway for regional dealers to offer additional discounts. These discounts applied to every single new car on the lot so it’s not like I negotiated a better deal for myself. If you’re after that kind of deal (dealer cutting a one-off discount based on your negotiating prowess), you will fare far better with other brands. For me, the smaller size of the car was really important so I stuck to the MINI and felt like in the circumstances I got a fair deal.

What would be a good deal?

So I’m new and trying to learn, but I ran this on the calculator and it got a 7.6 score, which doesn’t seem “terrible” given it’s a dealer deal and not negotiated. Also, the monthly would be $302 so doesn’t thageet the 1% rule? Any insight would be helpful!! Thanks :slight_smile: