2019 Mercedes GLC300 Demo - $370 inclusive of taxes

My non-warranty maintenance on an MB (so still covered by maintenance) cost $500. And, yes, they charged me $500 for an oil change + inspection + blah, blah, blah.

You think an MB dealership only charges $500 for maintenance for a car past it’s warranty? Not sure where you’re getting your MB serviced, but it’s easily $1000+ each time once the warranty ends.

So what exactly did I misunderstand about your post?

I think my Service B was $700. So, if you insist on taking your car to the dealership, as I do, then you’ve already spent $1200 in non-warranty maintenance in just the first 2 yrs alone. If you residualize the pre-paid maintenance, you probably save a few hundred dollars overall compared to paying for it at each occurrence.

Yes, I’m well aware of that. And I prefer to take it to the dealership for convenience and are willing to pay for the convenience. ::shrug::

“My non-warranty maintenance on an MB (so still covered by maintenance)”. This doesn’t make any sense. Warranty and maintenance are two different things.

Warranty from MBUSA.com : “All new Mercedes-Benz vehicles are protected by our New Vehicle Limited Warranty, covering defects in material or workmanship for 48-months or 50,000 miles”.

Maintenance is the regular servicing of your vehicle: oil changes, tires and brakes, etc. It’s a lease that he’s dumping in 3 years, so after 36 months/36k miles, the only maintenance/service that is pricey is new tires and brakes. Brakes should last past that and I can guess without looking that the prepaid maintenance plan excludes new tires. So, again, he’s paying $1500 for a few $100 oil changes( e.g.Jiffy Lube) and some $30 air filters (that he could probably do himself).

The OP asked if it’s a good idea to pay $1500 upfront for a couple of services, and my recommendation was and still is no.