2019 Mercedes GLC300 Demo - $370 inclusive of taxes

Thank you everyone, learned a lot from here.
Finally, signed a demo deal with 5500 on odometer. Car was driven by some Sales Manager’s wife for around 6 months.
MSRP 48,065
Dealer price 36,500 (involves fleet discount, miles driven and the dealer discount)
Polar White. Black MB-Tex interiors
Options : Premium Package P01, AMG package, Smartphone package, Illuminated Star, Blind spot assist, Panaromic sunroof, LED headlamp taillamp, Heated front seats, Rear seat entertainment adapters.
12k/36 months
$5600 upfront (1100 drive off includes first month payment + 4500 MSD)
Calculator link : leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Mercedes-Benz&miles=12000&msd=10&msrp=48065&sales_price=36500&months=36&mf=.00100&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=130&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=52.96&reg_fee=515&sales_tax=9&demo_mileage=5500&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true (off by 4$)

Que :

1. Is it beneficial to take the Mercedes Prepaid Maintenance for extra $30 per month? I can still opt in for it on Monday.
  2. I found the deal to be good, so jumped onto it. Any feedback on the deal?
6 Likes

I think it is a great deal ! Enjoy.

Inclusive of tax, seems like a really good deal to me.

Are they charging you full price for pre-paid maintenance? The pre-paid maintenance can be residualized, as well.

1 Like

So, he did residualize it(I didn’t ask how he was doing it) but I was told $1595 for 3yr/30k prepaid maintenance. That comes to 30$ pm after residualizing.
Though, read some posts here on leasehackr, and built a similar car on mbusa.com. The same service plan costs $1020 on official website. After residualizing, should be ~ $520 which makes it ~ $14 extra per month.

Am I calculating something wrong the way I am residualizing the prepaid maintenance?

Great deal!!! Enjoy in good health.

I assume you’re calculating it correctly, but I’m pretty new at this, too. Maybe ask the salesperson to explain the difference?

No it does not make sense to pay in advance for maintenance on a 3yr lease if a new car. Don’t confuse maintenance, which is basically oil changes, with the warranty, which your car will come with that covers most mechanical issues.
Why would you buy a new car that allegedly costs 500 a year to maintain? Unless it’s a Bugatti, it doesn’t.
To put it another way. Ask the guy who’s peddling that service plan: what specifically needs to be done on an annual/mileage basis and how much does each service cost?

That’s wrong. Buying the maintenance adds one percent to the residual value of the car. I get it for $25 a month.

It does on Audi, not on MB, as far as I know.

2 Likes

I don’t sell cars, but all of my MBs have been at least $500/yr just for a single annual service (I barely drive 10k mi/yr), if not more. They were all taken to the stealership for service.

If you take it to a good independent mechanic and keep the work orders and receipts, that would presumably be much cheaper.

I think you were exaggerating for effect, but I doubt a Bugatti would only cost $500/yr for maintenance.

And routine, expected maintenance is NOT covered under the warranty (or, at least it wasn’t when I had an MB).

$1595 sounds marked up for the maintenance, especially on a glc300. Great deal regardless, I’d add the maintenance if it’s residualized at the correct price.

It’s residualized at the buy rate. I talked mine down from $20 to $15 a month for only 35 months. That’s about break even with an independent shop but I get loaners at the dealer.

1 Like

This will give you the buy rate on the prepaid maintenance that would be residualized. Your 2-year/20K is $785 and 3-year/30K is $1,020. Anything more is the finance guy’s commission and is not residualized.

https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/build/glc/suv/glc300w?category=service

Never knew one can negotiate on the prepaid maintenance too.
Thanks for it. I think anywhere under $15 pm is a good price.

Yup Yup. Thanks. Will talk it to the finance manager today.

Yeah I was told consistently across dealers that it was $20 a month for my 2-year plan. It’s amazing what happens to the price when you say no. $20…$18…$15.

Good luck! I am basing my comments on how my contract worked out with the additional prepaid. I can’t imagine it’s done differently depending on the dealer.

which dealer is charging you $500 for service? The ones in socal are around $200 for A and $400 for B

W.I. Simonson.

Dude, I said don’t confuse the warranty with maintenance and you replied to my post doing that exact thing. :thinking:
There’s no way a mbz oil change costs close to $500, and that’s all you’re gonna need the first year. What, exactly, do you think your saving by paying upfront 1500?
If a brand new vehicle that’s less than $100k costs $500/yr to maintain, don’t buy it. You don’t have to take it to the dealer btw for an oil change.