2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD w/ Premium Package

Lease worksheet screen capture from South Tacoma, basically the exact same deal. I made sure my original request to these two dealerships was on two different stock numbers, since they appeared to have the same stock of 3 cars in the blue that I liked.

I actually don’t know, I don’t remember them being the same when I was shopping but obviously that may have changed!

No worries, they probably are just using the same pool of vehicles. Thank you, though, for recommending that I check with them! You were spot-on, they have both been easy to talk to and willing to text and email actual lease worksheets with very competitive deals…all without me stepping foot in their showroom!

They are located a bit far South for me, I would go if I have to but prefer to see if University can match or beat it. I think that’s probably where I’m ready to sign.

I’m glad you’re finding some success with them! Sounds like a good game plan, let us know how it goes!

Tbh, Mazda just doesn’t lease well at all. It was a lot of work just to get them down not even double digit discounts.

True, that’s probably why there aren’t all that many on here (much like Honda). However, given that I want a compact SUV w/ AWD, the vehicles are somewhat limited. With the X1 on stop sale and the 2018 deals gone, there isn’t anything else great that I’m interested in. I could spend less and lease a Hyundai Tucson, I guess?

Thank you for sharing the worksheet @Mfizzy. I’m looking for any current deals for Mazda GT AWD + premium package. I get deals with 1000 down and 410$ with tax from dealers around Seattle area. Could you provide me additional details on what would be a best deal currently

@AP08 The method I use is open Google, type “2019 Mazda CX-5 residual value” and go to the Edmunds link that comes up as one of the first few choices. The Edmunds Forums are great for finding out the exact incentives, residual value and money factor are for the vehicle you are interested in.

You may need to register and post to the mods to ask specifically for your zip code, if you don’t see it asked by someone else.

Once you know these numbers, you can use the Calculator on this site to put together your lease deal. You’ll need MSRP and such to fill it out.

I don’t know what the latest deals are around Seattle as I stopped looking in July. Saying $1,000 down and $410/mo with tax included is only partially useful because you need to know the breakdown of what that $1,000 DAS is used for, etc.

When in doubt…make them email you the lease worksheet of their offer!

good luck!

2 Likes

Hi looking for some help. Houston, Texas, 77030

In the market for a Mazda CX-5 AWD Grand Touring with premium package.
No color preference, but the dark crystal blue would be nice.
Ideally 12K miles/year for 36 months
Lease per month 350 with 0 down, is this possible? Is this too low?

Seem to be great offers up there. But so far the best I have got is 350 with 2000 down.

Appreciate all help.
Thank you.

Hey man,

I’m not familiar with the taxes and such for Texas, but that down payment does not sound good to me. Can you get the dealer to email you a lease sheet? It would really help to evaluate their offer.

There is another thread or two with some others that scored better deals than I had found on the exact CX-5 you are looking at.

Need to know the current incentives and MF for your zip code. Did you obtain that information from Edmunds forums yet?

Cheers

Thanks for your help. This is what I got from Edmunds:
.00001 and 58%
$210 lease cash

Yes I saw some better deals than I had. But for some reason none of the 4 Mazda dealers I have spoken too here in Houston, Texas will budge. (77030).

1 Like

Got it - those were the MF, RV and incentives when I was looking in June! Not so great on the incentive but hey at least the MF is optimal.

Will one of the local dealers send you a lease sheet you can share? Does Texas pay all the tax upfront like some other states?

This is a good example of the “incentives” not being “cash on the hood”, but the manufacturer buys UP the residual (no way a CX5 is worth 58% at disposition) and buying DOWN the MF (effective 0.024%). It’s not a unicorn :unicorn:, but if this is the vehicle you want, this pencils out very attractively.

If this is buy rate, work on negotiating the price down on one that’s been sitting there and get it done.

Not really sure what you’re referring to here. @izjamest said he can’t do any better than $350/month with $2,000 down in Texas, and that’s at .0001 MF and 58% RV AND with a $210 incentive!

Forget unicorn, that’s not very good. To put it in perspective, the best deal I had (earlier in this thread) was $385/month with true Zero DAS (Mazda paid the first month so 35 payments remaining). That was with same MF and RV and only $110 incentive at the time.

Need to see the lease sheet but unless I’m missing something, the dealer is using extra down payment money for cap cost reduction to get that payment (and selling price isn’t the full 8 or 9% off MSRP, either).

The problem is in the sales price and/or the MF is marked up. The low lease cash isn’t the issue.

I’m willing to bet the issue here is that our Texas friend is having to pay full 6.25% sales tax upfront. Depending on how low they go, that’s an additional $2000 wrapped into the lease. That’ll make an OK deal seem crummy rapidly.

Not sure if Mazda does tax credits on leases, but if not, this is probably pretty good for Texas. A worksheet or some details showing discount, MF etc would allow us to confirm.

1 Like

Thank you all!

Yes after some research, I found part of the issue is taxes up front. I have negotiated further down to 350 with 1000 down. Same GT AWD with Premium package with the taxes waived. I haven’t been able to get the full break down from the seller yet…but I think this is as good as it gets for a lease here in Texas. What do you guys think?

@izjamest With taxes upfront in TX and you now have (in writing) the GT AWD Prem you want for $350/month and $1,000 DAS - that seems like a solid deal on this car. That should include all registration fees, dealer fees, etc.

This is basically equivalent to $377/mo with true Zero DAS in a state that seems to be tough to hack for Mazda (according to your earlier comments).

Sign it and enjoy it!

1 Like

With loyalty its def possible to go around 350-360.
I signed a GT AWD for 354/36 15k 0DAS. On top of that they even agreed to do oil changes for the entire three years (negotiating service was harder than price with all dealers participating on email offers). Huffman Mazda KY

@mazdazoomzoom Nice! That was a Premium Package?

What is the tax rate in KY?