2019 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid (Yet another first time leaser!)

First time doing this, I haven’t negotiated anything just yet, I wanted to get the numbers to get an idea of what I’m looking at and ask for recommendations before I proceeded with any sort of negotiation.

$555 seems a little high (includes taxes in FL), there aren’t any MSDs here (not sure if they’re available from Lincoln). Is there anything I’m missing here in terms of numbers? What should I be aiming for in terms of monthly cost? Should I be asking for a specific breakdown of numbers beyond what’s listed here?

Thanks in advance for everyone’s help here!

You should start by getting RV/MF/incentives from Edmunds and working out what this should lease for. You need a solid baseline before talking to dealers

3 Likes

Thanks, this is why I didn’t discuss anything beyond getting some numbers on paper. Do I have to post on their forums to get the RV/MF/Incentives or is it visible somewhere specific?

You’ll need to post and ask on edmunds

1 Like

Forum.edmunds.com and search google for forum edmunds + your car, I find it easier than their website.

You can register via google. Don’t use the vanilla Edmunds site for purchasing and specials or whatever, you need the forum. It’ll look like This.

Ford/Lincoln don’t do MSDs

The Ford Fusion typically leases better than the Lincoln badge.

As @mllcb42 post on edmunds to get the specifics and run the numbers.

Thanks all, posted. Am I negotiating the RV, MF, and MSRP?

You should read the basic leasing articles first.

2 Likes

No rv is set in stone by the financier. You are negotiating for base money factor, and the lowest selling price (not msrp, msrp is what is used to calculate residual value and the cost of lease, the greater the discount of selling price the cheaper the lease).

This shows an equation that will help explain why these numbers are used.

So the RV isn’t negotiated in this case, only the MF and selling price?

It isn’t negotiated in any case

3 Likes

MF has a buy rate that is the lowest they will go, and markup from there.

You can control discount from MSRP without incentives. You can get the incentives on edmunds as well. From there, use the calculator to see what the monthly price should be. DON’T negotiate on the monthly price.

To clarify why you shouldn’t negotiate on monthly, you could put 11k down for a 99/month payment, but take that 11k out, and it’s closer to 400 dollars per month. Focus on the total lease price and discount, not the monthly payments.

1 Like

And just to be precise: Ford and Lincoln are rare exceptions where they do simple interest and not a money factor.

So, I got the numbers, but can’t seem to make them work in the calculator. What am I missing here?

APR is 0.12% on the 36 month (confirmed over the phone as well).

None of the numbers below are negotiated, but I’m looking to get a solid calculator setup so I can work some numbers. Looks like I’ll just need to negotiate the discount on the car as the APR/MF is already super low.

Figured it out, the incentives were off.

1 Like

Yeah that pre-incentive discount :speak_no_evil::-1:t2::-1:t2:

Time to negotiate :slight_smile:

good luck!