2019 lexus rx350 fsport - how did I do?

2019 Lexus RX350 AWD Fsport

MSRP: $57,750
Sell Price: $51,000
Monthly Payment: $444+tax
Drive-Off Amount: $2,000 (1st mo+ drive offs)
Months: 27
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00001
Residual: 59%
Negotiated discount: $6,750
Incentives: 6,000 rebate
Region: SoCAL

How did I do?

No point asking if you’ve already signed. Just enjoy the car

5 Likes

so it was not the best deal?

It’s probably fine. Don’t sweat it.

It’s decent, you could’ve got a 2020 for similar numbers since the RV is much higher.

didn’t want a high RV because I want to buy this car at the end, so it’s the right move if I want to buy the car right?

Just curious why would you want to buy it after a lease and not buy and just finance right away for 60mo at 0.9%?

Leasing to own is generally a bad idea and you will pay more for the car long term than if you just bought it. Using some rough numbers, this will cost you at least $4000 more than just financing.

60 month loan total before taxes assuming the same numbers (45000 after rebates) and 0.9%: $45600

27 month lease ($2000 DAS) plus 36 month loan (2.99%) for residual value before taxes: $49600

Couldn’t combine the 0% with the discount of $12,750.

It was mainly lease incentives and lease cash.

The most the dealer would discount the car if I purchased and wanted to go with the 0% for 60 months was $8,000 off.

Where could I get 60 months @ 0.9%?

If my calculations are correct I am getting somewhere of $10,500 off msrp and 0% pretty much with the money factor for 27 months

Please correct me if I’m wrong

I was going based off of the previous poster for the percentage. With a total of $8000 in discount and 0% APR for 60 months, it is $49750. So not that much different than a lease in this situation, but I would advise caution moving forward.

what do you mean by advise caution moving forward?

1 Like

If you are planning on doing another lease to own, look at both scenarios in their entirety. If the money factor is higher or the discount lower, it could cost significantly more to lease and finance than just finance.

understood, thank you for the tip

there sure are a lot of extra fees in the lease like acquisition and tax on collected items

I recently negotiated a 2020 RX350 F Sport because the wife wanted Apple Car Play. $58XXX MSRP, 13% off, $400 down, $490 a month with tax from Keyes Van Nuys. I miss the Parking Assist I had on my 2017 fully loaded RX F Sport. Apple Car play is a nice feature, screen is nicer and up front. Enjoy your new RX!

what was your residual?

I’m not too happy with the fsport seats, carvana is willing to buy out the car and I would only be in the car for $500 after driving 1,500 miles

Should I do it and look for a non-fsport?

1 Like

Thank your lucky stars you can exit a lease so early for such little cost.

Or put it on swapalease. If the payment is attractive you can get someone to pay you

Hi;

I am in the market for a F-Sport RX 350, please share the info; is this AWD?

Thanks

Al

Did you not test drive and sit in the seats before getting the car?

I was in the same boat, I do not enjoy the fitted fsport seats. The base seats are so much more comfortable imo.

The problem you will run into if you look for a non-sport is the incentives are not great for the 2020. Nov/Dec incentives for the 27m were great.

i sat in it, felt great, loved it

I went ice skating and pulled my muscle, realized my leg hurt everytime i get in and out of the car

i couldn’t drove the car for 3 weeks