2019 Lexus ES Luxury

You’re right, this isn’t $900/mo for a Honda Pilot. That was larceny!

OP hasn’t provided enough detail to his quote so what do you expect me to do? I’m not wasting my time doing the research. This is >1% even with $3k up front.

Also, what @JamesBond said. ^

I got my 2017 Lexus ES 350 (before the redesign though) for $368/mo (including 9.5% LA Tax) with $0 DAS and 0 MSD in August 2017 36/10 lease terms. It was a $43,000 MSRP car. It had a bad residual then but it had $4,000 in incentives then. Just food for thought…

BUT, this dealer sucks!! I see 60 months loan @ 6.9% APR. I see on Lexus’ website that it’s 0.9%! Dealer is GREEDY!

You can’t compare a 2 year old deal here.

OP , please go for base, (4k incentive) or F-sport (4.5k incentive). Luxury only has 2K. 12-13% should be do-able.

I would ask for 3k more off.

You always give terrible advice. Where have you seen anyone get 17% off on a new ES350?

3 Likes

Ouch! I was going for a ES350 F sport after my GS350 F sport lease ended. But the monthly was terrible. And it seems its remains higher. If I were looking now I would get quotes on a GS to see the delta between the ES. If the GS is cheaper than that is the way to go. The days of the $399 a month deal on the GS is gone forever along with the MBZ E350 sport. I remember my first MBZ E-class deal on a 350 sport in 2012 at $299 a month less taxes. Then my 2014 went up only $100. But a bit shocked when my Lexus jumped another $100 but came with Mark Levinson stereo and 15K miles a year

It’s not up to you to decide how good my advice is. 6-7k off an ES350 is absolutely normal in Maryland.

I got quotes for ES350 at 12% from atleast 4 dealers (in CA) on F-sports with varying MSRPs, so I wouldn’t say 6k unreasonable. The best one I saw was 6.5K on a 51.6k car.

Jon is here not to give advice but to look for those who give advice better than his and say it’s a bad advice.

He should just provide an advice, period. Let the OP decides who gave the best advice later.

So you think telling people to ask for unrealistic numbers is helpful? Might as well tell everyone in every thread to ask for 25% off before incentives then.

2 Likes

You previously got a quote on the ES350 and the discount was only 5% off. Now you’re telling the OP to ask for 17% off. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Might as well ask for a demo car to advertise in with all insurance, fuel paid for, and free scratches (washes)…

:sunny:

The funny thing is what’s wrong with asking for 17% off? Worst they can say is no…then you may hit 15% or 13%…if you start negotiating in a realistic 12%…you can only go down from there…not up!!!

You will not get what you dont ask for.

Depends, if you ask for 12% and they come back with exactly that before incentives but mark up the MF, you have an anchor at least that you can pull up by either pushing buy rate, or an addtl 1-2% off to offset that.

Someone mentioned asking for worst possible terms (36/15 for example) to pad the payment to counteract fear of low payment.

When you ask for unrealistic numbers, many dealers wouldn’t even reply.

1 Like

I tried it…they always reply to me. One dealer said to me it maybe possible in December but not now.

I told him I will call him in December.

You are not getting a brand new Lexus ES 350 for 17% off.

I already got an ES. That one is for GX.

Nice comparing apples to oranges…

Edit: You got 9.8% off your car ES

1 Like

Yes, I bargain the same way when I buy apples or oranges.

I may get different discount but the process is the same.