2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE Lease- Opinions Please

Hackrs,

Go easy on me, first post even though been lurking for a couple months. Not new to leasing, but new to this forum and wish I had found it long ago. First, I fully acknowledge that Rovers lease poorly and are not for everyone based on their history of reliability (lack of). However I’ve always wanted one and believe I’ve found a decent deal (given typical pricing) on a loaner with ~2k miles, but before moving forward realize I’d be foolish not to poll the experts.

Note: I’ve requested a breakdown of the fees and will post once received. In the meantime known details follow for your review / advice.

2019 (not 2019.5) RRS HSE

MSRP: $81,616
Selling Price: $74,018 (9.3% discount)
Residual: 65%
MF: .00201 (marked up from standard of .00156- trying to negotiate base MF- I have Tier 1 credit)
Tax Rate: 6.625% (NJ)
Term: 33 months
Miles: 12k/year
Fees: TBD (included, but breakdown pending from dealer)
DAS: $3k

Monthly: $965 w/ tax

Thank you!

-Scott

1 Like

Hi Scott, doesn’t look that horrible but there are brokers on here that can probably do better. I’d reach out to them.

For what this vehicle is and how historically poorly it leases, I think you are doing okay.

2 Likes

@Yinzer @Jarret_Schwartz Thank you both for the feedback!

Just spoke to the Sales Manager and revised numbers follow for your updated opinion and/or anyone else that would like to help me out with their advice.

MSRP: $81,616
Selling Price: $71,848 (~12% discount)
Residual: 65%
MF: .00181 (marked up from standard of .00156- trying to negotiate base MF- I have Tier 1 credit)
Tax Rate: 6.625% (NJ)
Term: 33 months
Miles: 12k/year
Fees: Acquisition fee rolled into lease
DAS: $3,740 (First Month, Upfront Taxes, $400 Registration, $75 Doc Fee; $0 cap cost reduction)

Monthly: $835

Thank you all,
Scott

2 Likes

Enjoy your Rover! Take it off-road at least once lol.

1 Like

This is a ludicrous deal. You’d be stupid not to sign this.

If this was in SoCal I’d call this a unicorn. :unicorn:

3 Likes

Ha, I wonder what percent of Rovers are used for even a fraction of what they are capable of / design for.

Thank you so much- based on this reassurance I’m setting final arrangements with the dealer for delivery early next week.

1 Like

What engine does it have? Is it the 3 liter 340hp?

Lol very few that’s why I said that.

Definitely one of the best RR Sport deals posted on here. Enjoy the ride!

1 Like

Yes, that is correct.

Hi Scott,

Would you mind sharing the dealer name and manger name? I am also looking for in NJ!

Appreciate your help!!

A couple people have reached out for the dealer and/or Sales Manager’s name. I’m not sure that they want their info. posted on this forum so will respond to those PMs.

My experience/advice in shopping for a RRS lease was to broaden the search radius as my local dealers (in Southern NJ/PA) were not willing to negotiate. Some dealers informed me that leases are at MSRP and only a small discount would be available for a purchase (the current LR incentives). I quickly moved on from those dealers. Others offered a couple/few thousand off, but marked up the MF for dealer profit and were not open to negotiate.

I was fine with leasing a loaner which I know not everyone is due to the farts I’ve read about in other topics, but if you are ok with some potential set in stank they are a good option especially this time of year as dealers are/will be looking to retire them. Some dealers post their loaner inventory online (you will find more lower MSRP models like the Disco Sport used as loaners vs. the RRS), but for most it seems you need to inquire.

In the end I was able to find a couple dealers in the Northeast willing to offer discounts of a little over 8% (8.4%) with a standard MF (even on a relatively new / more desirable model like the HST- which I was told by a couple other dealers was “impossible”) or 12% with a slight MF markup as posted above. Hope these reference points are helpful to those shopping this brand that generally does not lease well- maybe others can even do better (especially if you could apply JLR loyalty), but you have to find the right dealer and based on that potentially be willing to take a drive for the vehicle.

Timing was on my side when shopping as I started early (a few months prior to my lease end) and it coincided with 2020s starting to arrive. The mid 2019 (2019.5) engine refresh should also help with discounts on any remaining loaners.

1 Like

I realize this post is from June, but HIGHLY recommend the Land Rover driving experience if you get the chance. I did a double session at the Biltmore in Asheville and omg what an amazing machine (even if they break all the time).

1 Like

Post pics of the RRS HSE, too!

Good deal.

Insane deal, wish I could get this in so-cal :frowning:

I have the full sized Range and I absolutely love it. They lease terrible but are the best SUVs on this planet, hands down.

2 Likes

I put a spell on you