2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD Lease (FL)

Wait, so MSRP is $40k and they list it on the deal sheet at $45k? What kind of garbage is added there???
I was trying to get my head around how can they make it into $470pm w $2k at 50%Rv and basically 0% apr - by inflating MSRP.
That’s BS!
Can you get actual car spec and MSRP - not from generic car.

I questioned the same thing and they keep pointing towards the adjusted price. I told them MSRP is $40k for this car as it says on their website and Kia and they are marking it up by $5k.

Hardly anything is added to the car that justifies a $5k increase and more from MSRP.

Why would you ever pay $5k over sticker for a Kia??? Please don’t do this, it’s a complete ripoff what they’re doing. Get a broker to ship you a 5 series BMW for the same money.

BMW is nice and I’m not ruling it out yet. But don’t rule out the stinger just because it’s Kia. It’s a great car for the specs it has.

Ignoring the fact they marked it up $5k if the MSRP is $40k and they are offering it for $31k or so is the 20 or so percent off MSRP still bad?

Something just doesn’t add up overall. That $5k markup seems to either have disappeared or something.

It’s bad because the dealer discount is only 8.5% ($3,400.00). The rest of the discount is coming from a rebate from the manufacturer.

The sheet you posted makes it seem decent because the dealer shows they are personally giving you $8,200 off, which in reality is nonsense since they marked it up $5k to begin with.

1 Like

Honestly it’s bs. I get it - it’s a good ride but it’s not that good to pay this.
Because they are inflating MSRP on paper most likely real residual is still counted from real sticker of $40k. That’s already $2k difference - your RV isn’t 450.5 but 400.5 - so you need to pay extra during lease which isn’t obvious.
True dealer discount as pointed above not $8k but 3k - less than 10% even from $40k MSRP.
Honestly I’d pass on it just because of this stupid “market adjustment”

I was briefly looking at stinger gt2’s. In socal no dealer would talk numbers via phone or email and said they would only discuss if I came in. They kept calling over and over but refused to actually discuss anything except come into the dealership. My wife said F that why are you looking at kias, no reason to put up with that BS. Seems like they finally have a cool car that they don’t want to sell.

1 Like

Very strange, since the car isn’t exactly selling well (Sales - By Month - Kia America Newsroom). I mean, like, the Kia Sedona is selling better.

The car also isn’t new. Can’t understand how they’re justifying adding $5k to the MSRP…

If you thought that was bad I had a very interesting conversation with another dealer. He claimed he can meet me at $450 and I asked for the selling price and numbers on how he’s doing that and he refused to give it to me unless I came in he is over an hour away.

Honestly this car is an amazing drive but it’s not worth the headache at this point.

I got a friend a GT2 for $550 with $550 drive off that was several months ago they are offering even more lease cash now. Like everyone said it is absurd to pay over MSRP these cars are all over the place. Reach out to Airport Kia in Naples. They were good to deal with.

We encountered crap like this over and over with Kia dealers, so this is how we ended up with a Toyota instead.

Most of the San Diego Toyota dealers were scumbags too, but eventually we found one that was transparent and respectful.

We will never go back into a Kia dealership. I don’t believe a good one exists.

I will reach out to them hopefully they play ball and give me numbers over the phone instead of driving an hour plus to them.

They did for me. Ask for a sales manager not a salesperson.

Why are you wasting time on phone calls? Everything can be done online and it’ll all be documented.

I’ve spoken with a couple dealerships over text and email. Only one of them wanted to do it over phone. But so far all the dealerships I spoke to refuse to give me a dealership sheet (pictured above) they just “promise me” they can get me at $450 / month and give me the full numbers if I come in.

At this point, I’m just going to go with a broker and lease a different car.