2019 Kia Sorento SX Hack

Hi Hackrs,

I am working on a deal for the 2019 Kia Sorento SX w/ Touring package. I am located in NY and dealer is in NJ so we have been speaking some numbers on the phone. He comes up with a payment of $458/month (taxes included). My numbers show $380 before tax:

And to roll the taxes into the monthly, I have taken the upfront taxes ($1,280) and stacked it on top of the selling price (so it gets financed) and I also made the sales tax 0% - this gets me to $419:

Here is what the sales person gave me over the phone:
MSRP: $45,705
Residual: 54%
MF: 0.0199
Selling Price: $33,531
Bank Fee: $650
Doc Fee: $495
DMV: $400
NY Tax Rate: 8.625%

Do you see any issues with my calculations?

Any idea where the difference could be coming from?

He keeps trying to convince me that this fits the 1% rule and also is asking me to come into the dealership. They are really far (1-2 hour drive) and I don’t want to waste my time if he is playing games. How can I proceed on this deal?

Thanks in advance!

You can do this in the calculator by clicking the third taxation option with the appropriate tax rate.

First rule of the 1% rule:
Never mention the 1% rule.

Second rule:
The objective is to get below it using any means possible. There’s no sentiment in business.

So, I got the lease worksheet from the dealer and I cannot replicate it using the calculator, what’s going on here? I see they’ve put a lot of taxes in $2086.87 (not sure where these come from)

Thanks so much for all the great info on this forum!