2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4 - how bad did I do?

2019 Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
I know I could’ve done better if I had pushed more but every dealer I called that had the car with these options wouldn’t even come close to this deal. Almost all of them offered me a more expensive Jeep for around the same price. Something about the Altitudes…they just don’t price them well compared to the Limiteds.

Don’t have all the numbers on hand but I will soon.
MSRP $43,525 has the Sunroof
12k miles
Don’t remember the exact money factor but it came out to roughly 0.4%
$6500 in rebates (the dealer got me for $500 on one of those B.S. security things. They gave me a rebate that I didn’t qualify for and added that on. I ultimately agreed to the payment before this and I noticed it and chose not to make a scene, they unknowingly had me by the balls I needed a car that day.)
$2000 out of pocket including first month
$438 a month including taxes and fees rolled in

Looking back I’m annoyed at myself I let the $500 rebate nonsense slide but they very easily could’ve just taken that rebate back off since I never qualified for it in the first place. Or maybe that’s just me trying to console myself. I talked to my salesman and told him it left me with a bad taste in my mouth and he’s gonna work on getting something done for me.

Other than that I’m happy with the car!

Should you be posting this here if you feel it’s not good :smile:

1 Like

I feel it’s solid minus the $500 I chose to not fight about. Still a better deal than I was able to find anywhere else, especially in my region which leases pretty terribly usually.

Your effective payment is $493 which is very high on a altitude trim. I just leased a fully loaded Overland (MSRP $56,375) for $579/month with zero DAS and got them to write off the first payment.

Check out this rebate you can get! It’s for $250 https://allstate.bonusdrive.com/?_ga=2.58259178.1915599723.1561233232-333985993.1561233232

Don’t have to be an Allstate customer.

2 Likes

Not the best deal but I’ve seen way way worse on here. Enjoy it! It’s a nice car. Next time just check on here first before signing

I’m just confused why you didn’t want a more expensive car for the same amount?(payment?) :joy:

Wasn’t interested in a Limited. Really wanted the Altitude package. Just loved the look of it.

Thank you @David_Walls!

Fiance wanted the altitude until she saw the Limited X. Got it for 447 / month with just first month due at signing. Got mine in NY

Do your research on this website for the next one or for your friends in the future! Enjoy the car!

Trust me @Kafas, I loved the Limited X. But unfortunately this region leases terribly. This entire process started when I contacted a broker. He was located in NY and quoted me $430ish with just first months payment out of pocket. I said okay sold. Turns out that south jersey has about $2500 less in incentives and the broke couldn’t honor the quoted price. I told him about this deal and he said this is the route I should go. NY leases wayyyyy better than south jersey.

You got a limited X for 447/month? Can you share the salesperson or dealer that made that deal happen?

Thanks !

PM me for dealer info.

I honestly had two comparable/better offers from brokers on this site.

@Swift & @Simpleauto1 both offered great deals but the fiance paid out a little more to go with the same dealer.

I’d highly recommend reaching out to the brokers if you’re interested.

have to be honest, this is not a very good deal. I lease these cars through official chrysler bank for around 395/month with 2000 due at signing, 12k miles/year, 36 months.
if anyone is looking for one, please give me a call 718-889-6886.
thanks

1 Like

Gren isn’t joking about South Jersey (NJ). I waited four months with horrible numbers/incentives before I had to pull trigger and did so at $467/mo for a 36/15 with only first month DAS. I think I got a pretty good deal for same tricky region and did not expect excellent numbers from 2018 often referenced on this forum. I also was drawn to dark look of Altitude and not the (IMO) boring Limited with matte plastic around the wheel wells. What more expensive car for the money (high 400’s)?? It’s largely subjective and matter of taste. After five months on this site, I’ve learned brokers aren’t always able to do miracles in tough zip codes despite initial claims/hopes to do so and many folks on this site seem to be fixated on numbers of old, like the deal THEY got or remember from six months ago in a far off zip code, forgetting also present day/month economic factors affecting the very few numbers that really make up a lease payment (sales price, incentives, MF, RV). Not everybody has the time or luck to get 10% or more off MSRP or cherry incentives that range wildly despite some notions on this site (e.g. loyalty, conquest, lender). In my (lucky) personal experience, patience AND dealership desire to get June sales bonus (via sales volume) represented what we all hope to get (as posted on this site); but not everyone is able to despite their “research” here on LH. Best broker I dealt with upon hearing my offer from the dealership I closed with, congratulated me and said I’d be a fool not to take it immediately…an offer I believe was only made on the fringe because dealer decided to let go (my) Jeep in gamble to get a bigger bonus after a good month of total sales. Last few months of LH posters said as much for the Philadelphia/NJ metro area with lackluster deals. Patience and effort versus immediate need for wheels and being happy with vehicle for the money, no matter the cost? If you can afford it, not be in debt or stress it, and be happy…then “deal” is only a matter of opinion. I don’t mean to sound flippant, arrogant or annoyed by my post here, just offering another LH user and recent Jeep GC Altitude leasee perspective. This LeaseHacker forum, the contributors, and reference material is excellent…I’ve already told my family and friends about it! Thank you LH community!!

2 Likes