2019 Jeep Compass Latitude $99 p/mo for 42 mo.--- Is this a good deal?

So what did the dealer say when you contacted them for a quote?

It’s been the most bizarre experience so far. I’ve been trying to handle this all remotely since I live over an hour away… They ran my credit at 2pm yesterday, kept me waiting until about 7pm last night, was contacted about an hour ago via text by the “sales floor manager”, and still have yet to receive a quote.

You let them run your credit just to get pricing?!? :flushed:

3 Likes

Good luck with this :sweat_smile: Let us know how it turns out…

I’m going to guess that this doesn’t go anywhere near well…

1 Like

I don’t have bad credit.

That has nothing at all to do with it. If you’re saying that, I’m really worried about you trying to negotiate a lease. You don’t have pricing yet, you don’t run your credit - it’s as simple as that. If things don’t work out at this dealership, then your credit will get run again.

By running your credit prior to pricing, they see it as having you in a vise grip, and you’ll go with them at any ridiculous price they present to you.

Read leasing 101 already. You should not have had them run your credit!

Awesome…

Not the end of the world… still better than signing a terrible lease…

As you can see, they are in no rush to follow-up with you since they have you in their grasps.

My guess how it goes from here; “that one special just sold but we have even a “better deal” on a higher MSRP one”. It was be a lower discount with less incentives and $1,000-$2,000 in dealer add-ons.

If you are even entertaining their offer, please post it here and get some helpful feedback.

1 Like

MSRP- $28,080
SELLING PRICE- $23,731
TERM- 42 MONTHS
RESIDUAL- 0.44
CASH DOWN- $5000
TAXS, FEES, LIC- $552.73
PRICE- $18,178
ADJ RESIDUAL- $12,355.20

MONTHLY PAYMENT- $139.12

Need help guys… Something tells me this isn’t a very good deal. I don’t know.

FCA dealership and bizarre experience…the hell you say!

2 Likes

Does the monthly include tax? 5,000 down…don’t do that. Roll it into the payment. It’s an additional effective 119/mo before tax and interest. Probably a little over 250/mo without the down as-is.

What is the money factor? What incentives do you qualify for (if any)? Are you hellbent on a 42 month lease? Does the selling price include incentives? Have you looked at the numbers for 36 or 39 to see if they are more favorable?

So how did $99 become $139?

Effective $268/mo for a base Compass…yuck

There is no way 39, if not 36, is not a better lease. That residual drop-off is down the side of a cliff. Also don’t forget that the FCA warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles so good luck after that!

1 Like

Also, didn’t OP say there were incentives, or were they ones he would never qualify for or something? I bet the discount is only $500.

It’s a crapshoot, for sure. It’s only a couple months though, so the risk is smaller (albeit it’s not non-existent).

That said, you might want to start getting used to the longer lease terms. @rvguy mentioned NMAC is rumored to begin testing out a 48 month program at some point. It was mentioned in a thread months ago, and I’m too lazy to find it, or I’d post here. Others are likely to follow suit if it works and makes financial sense to them to do so.

1 Like

So… The incentives that I qualify are apparently not in addition to the $4000 manufacturers rebate. The ad is misleading on their distinctions.

Using only the $4000 manufacturers rebate, with no money down, they’re saying it’s $281 per month for 42 months. That’s going to be a no for me.

So how does one get the mystical $99 deal?

Date a sales manager.

1 Like

Go set in it and fart on it now u have a fart car / discount.:upside_down_face:

1 Like