2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

Yours still from October. I’d like to know someone did it in November and share details with us.
Just payment, total DAS and state someone is in aren’t enough for someone else to do their own deals.
In October there were no cars to have than now.
So how Have deal ships changed their behaviors with change in supply?

Mine was November 2nd. Mf, residual, and rebates are all available on Edmunds as always, but such low supply means dealers are charging MSRP or worse. I’m in PA so the deal is confirmed for PA residents in November. Just have to find the car in a surrounding zero emission state. Don’t think the thread should be closed just yet.

I think the deal is pretty much dead for the time being.
Cargurus shows only 48 cars in lower 48. If there are any sitting in some mysterious port, they aren’t getting to the dealership. I see numbers only dwindle down as time goes on.

Also, what everyone thinks on this -
Hyundai website shows they have 2020 models for all cars but the hybrids and electric? What are they doing for EV and hybrids for 2020 model line up?

Doing Hyundai Kona and Kia Niro

2020’s were just shown today - better range and HP, revised styling, more safety, etc. Supposed to be in showrooms in December. They didn’t mention pricing on the EV, but the Hybrid and PHEV are going up a small amount.

If there are any '19s left in a week or two they might be dealing on them, but doesn’t look like there’s much left out there.

This is why they are trying to get rid of the 2019 version.

You beat me to it…the 2020 is a better car. This is in a way similar to what Nissan did with the Leaf when the models changed. They had that “utility” $10k discount on top of their $10k discount.

For the utility discount, I recalled you could try and negotiate a lower price but the dealers were not willing to play ball applying both. The SCE utility discount technically excluded any manufacturer discounts.

What are the chances the 2020 base will be close to this deal? Probably have to wait until October 2020 I guess to come close to the 2019 steal right now.

Last year was Honda Clarity, this year Ioniq. W’ll see what will be in 2020 :sunglasses:

1 Like

…and eGolf.

I had one dealer in NJ unwilling to negotiate over the phone. I threw out a number I was comfortable with but they said they were asking 1k over MSRP. Ridiculous.

I found one in MD I picked up on Monday with only first month due at signing and 217 a month. Was originally hoping for a base model but I love the car so far, and had a solid experience with the dealer. I tried to get a little lower but the demand was so high they knew they had me at that price.

Will the Hyundai’s rebate program still be effective as of December 2019? I am in So Cal and had been made several emails to Hyundai dealers near me waiting for their response. It looks like they have some inventories left, yet not sure if I can also try for another killer deal. Anyone had gotten deals recently?

I believe the deal is through the end of the year, but have been told by several dealers that there aren’t any more in California and they don’t expect to get any. If you do find some, please let me know!

My BonusDrive confirmation from last month said to expect an “orange envelope” in the mail in 8-10 weeks. However, I got a follow-up earlier this week saying that my check was being prepared and would be deny a Priority Mail. I just got another one this morning, and it had a tracking number. So, I should have my check in a day or two.

I also drove this thing in snow for the first time this week. It did well.

1 Like

I received the same email this morning. I have to say, I’ve been quite surprised with how much I enjoy driving this car. It handles just fine in the snow also. My only complaint if any, is the range. I find myself planning my drives more often now depending on the range.

Nationwide on cargurus.com only 15 left. This deal is dead and doesn’t look like anyone is getting anymore from the phantom port.

I am glad that i had this car, it is a great commuter car. I drive less than 30 miles per day and i have close to 450 miles. I charged the car only 2 times at home (took almost 24 hours with a regular outlet) and i used public free chargers 5 times (all less than 2 hours) . So approxiamtely 1/3rd of my drives were for free. It is a great car at this price level.

I saw one available in Car Gurus at Monticello NY Hyundai, said 0 days. I’m helping out a friend so I told him to give it a shot, he called the dealership and guy on the phone is like yes we have it, call me back in the afternoon. He calls them back and then they tell him oh sorry there is a waiting list and you are number 15 now. At this point, told him to wait for the 2020 model and when a good deals comes out, as I assume there will be a premium when they initially release.

There are a few limiteds left but a lot of games being played since the deal was extended until the 6th. 300 a month and up no money down. They can’t keep them forever and I can’t imagine they would want to be stuck with one if the deal runs out.