2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

That depends on the state. It’s taxed in CT & NY, but not in MA. I’m not sure about others.

Nice work putting the summary together! One correction though - the CT CHEAPR rebate is $500 now, not $750.

I’m very interested to see what happens the rest of the month. I don’t know how far in their journey cars need to be before they show up there, but when searching inventory via Hyundai’s website it showed vehicles in transit as well as ones on the lot. There weren’t a lot of them locally, though. I don’t know if that means they’re not close enough yet, or if the dealers don’t have many more coming.

It’ll also be interesting to see if this goes more “mainstream”. I caught the TV ad again last night. This time during Thursday Night Football.

We all know the TNF crowd is also the most eco conscious crowd. Hence the plethora of RAM trucks ads

2 Likes

I think Hyundai should get Lewis Hamilton to give up his millions from Mercedes and start a Formula E team with him and commercials featuring the Ioniq since he’s so concerned about global warming.

Have a deposit down with South Shore Hyundai. They claim to be the only ones on the Island that are getting more in ( I called a few other Hyundais they are all out or spoken for) . They said a few days tops. discussed price quickly for around 120 a month sign and drive. But they claim they cannot give me a final number until the actual invoice and Vin of the one im getting is in. I let them know if that price increases I will just take my deposit back. They claimed it would not . Lets see what happens.

Thanks! This is great, no confirmed good deals in socal after all :frowning:

I have not seen a deal from CA posted. Good is a relevant term - CA has $12,5k Hyundai plus CA state rebate of $2,5k plus whatever electric company, county or even city rebates.

the deals in socal become better post rebate.
In NOrth East, the deals are better upfront …

Same here. I am about 20 miles from NYC and insurance for the Ionic was around $30 less than my 2019 QX60 for 6 months as well. Go figure…

Insurance is a weird thing. I was looking at the Ford Fusion Energi a few months back and the insurance quotes were nuts. For my Ioniq, I’m only paying an extra $260 for 6 months. The car itself is only $195, but my policy-level liability and uninsured/underinsured went up a bit also.

As a New Yorker, If I’m using calculator, I input $16500 total rebate (14500+2000 POS) into taxed incentives field?

Someone should make @Lvs23 a trusted hacker. He has done great work on this and the 250 a month thread

2 Likes

There are always good deals in SoCal…you just need to know what to look for.
How is purchasing an eGolf for around $15-16k net not a good deal?

What if his commute is 200 mile up hill both ways in -20F blizzards?

You get a heated blanket or something…write your will before going to work.

@Lvs23, thanks for all the great info. I finally picked one up here in Northern/Central California. I was really looking into getting a Bolt but since the Federal Credit is all but gone I couldn’t get anything sub $300. It took quite some effort to get to 0 DAS and $250/month, as mentioned previously, suddenly these cars sitting for over a year need a mark-up! The salesman told me that no one even spoke of the Ioniq until this month and this was his last one, any others would need to be dealer traded with no discount. The car I picked up was in “detail” for 3 hours because they were having trouble getting all the waterspots off from just sitting for so long, but anyways, it doesn’t seem as impressive as $99 per month on paper but with all the after purchase incentives, it looks pretty good. The big help is the $3000 from local air district. I wanted to post as there seems to be a lack of CA confirmations. Again, not a Bolt and not a unicorn, just a data point. Just to add, they would not budge on the Marked up MF.
Ioniq Limited

After purchase rebates/incentives
$2500 CVRP
$3000 SJVAPCD
$800 PG&E
$500 Bonus Drive
$50 Test Drive
$400 disposition fee waiver on my previous Hyundai lease (not sure if this can be counted or not but since its my post, I’m including it.)

Thanks to all the info and data people are sharing.

Should also attach this if anybody needs further breakdown

1 Like

Congrats. Nice.

Up in the air… Is it Bolt? is it a unicorn? No it’s an Ioniq (CA)

1 Like

10% off MSRP is fantastic and it looks like 7.2k of post rebate incentives? Wow! That’s pretty close to free. Well played sir…

The additional $3K is a big help that makes the deal. Of course all local dealers know this and there is magically $3k mark-ups added to everything locally so I can never accomplish anything like this without driving (no farther than 125 miles, of course).

Because these local rebates were put in place by politicians to help their lobbying friends and not you, regular Joe :slight_smile: Thus they fully intent on keeping it. Not making it better for you:)