2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

I am rationalizing a lease (i have never leased) by low cost of entry, low monthly payments, and the fact that in 3yr I probably won’t want this 2017 era EV tech in my driveway any longer. Not sure I want to own this when entry level EVs in 3yr are hopefully pushing nicer range, more power, etc.

2 Likes

The classic problem with procrastinators, they want a good deal but when the deal hits then, they don’t know what to do with it. Many think that there has to be something wrong since the car is so cheap but the ones that bought one as a second car they will soon be back here telling you it became their everyday driver and especially their primary car.

1 Like

If this car suits your needs, what other vehicle would you be purchasing instead of leasing that would effectively be 141 a month based on your quote, plus the gas savings If you are able to charge it in a cheap (or free) manner? That’s the question you need to ask yourself.

1 Like

That’s why everyone is doing it. Nobody is doing it because it’s an exciting car.

I have 2 cars at the moment. My daily driver is a pickup truck that gets 14mpg and is getting to tbd age where I’m going to start needing to put money into it if I keep tacking on mileage. I’ll be buying a new vehicle in the next 12-18 months regardless. If i can get one of these deals and I’m comfortable in the car, I’m gonna grab one. I can charge it at work for free and I’ll deal with driving a boring car for 3 years. It gives me the ability to put some money elsewhere and then be more comfortable getting what I really want once I’m done with this thing.

And the very second post said there are like 140 cars in the whole US :slight_smile:
We are talking limited edition Shelby here with the amount of hand wrangling:)

1 Like

Currently 121 Base on Cargurus nationwide, and I’m sure at least a few of those have already been sold.

Damn… That’s sounds like another 1k-2k of posts:)

2 Likes

People are unreal. Honestly, at this kind of money, I’d buy one without seeing it. If it can move under it’s own power and is street legal then it’s worth it. The only reason why I haven’t tried to lock one down is that I’m a big guy and I’m not sure I’ll actually be able to squeeze myself into it. I’m hoping I might be able to sit in obd this weekend and still land a deal, but I’m not optimistic there will still be much out there.

There’s a lot to unpack here…

1 Like

That is the point exacly I suppose. New… it just doesn’t exist. I could go buy a used econo box for cheaper I suppose. this feels a bit nicer though.

These guys are crapping themselves that people are calling in haha…they have been sitting around for months wondering why people don’t like the Santa Fe.

1 Like

Go get a Honda Civic you will love it.

I’d love one but have no place to charge it in my high-rise, my office building doesn’t have a place to charge either. And I’m not hunting public charging every weekend.

Didn’t see one for $99pm:)

1 Like

2 Likes

Did you email them that?

1 Like

Oh man I really want to now!

1 Like

Keep that reply for future versions of Stinger and Palisades and send that reply back to them when they try to charge over MSRP

2 Likes

The average American… isn’t

4 Likes

Editorial note: In fact the sentence is poorly constructed since one subject is singular and another plural. It should be written as

Average Americans (Including many lurkers) aren’t the brightest