2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

Your math needs adjusting. Here is my Real world averages

25k / 21mpg = 1,190
1,190 @ avg $2.80 per gallon = $3,332
$3,332 * 3 = $9,996

I totally forgot about oil changes which adds about $250-350 a year.

Relax brother and realize this is possible even though I’m outlier.

The $14.5k lease incentive doesn’t have a mileage limitation - only month limitation. This incentive is only available for 36 & 48mo leases.

2 Likes

I like it. I like to see math and facts rather than arbitrary. “Whoa. This will save me 10k”

Yes my bluvision friend. You would save 10k in 3 years. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interested to see if they bring a similar deal to the Kona EV, which would be amazing. 258 driving range would be helpful although I mostly just bus my kids around town.

2 Likes

I wish this deal would work for me. I made a massive mistake with my recent car thinking it got better real world mileage. My old care got 28mpg which made this drive more tolerable. I’m getting hosed with this current car.

99 a month on Kona EV? Sign me up!!!

It doesn’t quite have to be $99 a month but you get the idea. The Connecticut $1500 incentive and $500 Bonus drive sort of make the Ioniq a no brainer.

At least two were able to do it for around $100 with everything included. Just like Mirai😀

As for insurance - you are paying anyways on any car.

Electricity - those i3 users were saying their electric bill didn’t go up by a lot. My understanding it was about $20-$30 per month for that.

What are you talking about? Manufacturer rebates available for 36/48 months lease and any mileage you want. Just won’t be $99 if you go higher mileage because residual drops for 12k and 15k

That is cheaper that a couple of other quotes people received here for the limited.

No, as resident of NY you need to get it from NY dealer to claim NY rebate.
Same thing for CT - to get the rebate need to get from CT dealer. Didn’t see requirement if you need to be resident.
But in any case living in NY state you are better of getting car from NY state dealership because of higher rebate than in CT and fixed document fee of $75 vs free for all in CT $600+

The attraction to the Ioniq for me is the price. That’s the only thing. The Kona, on the other hand, I thibk is kinda cool. If they threwa bunch of money at it like the Ioniq and you could get an ultimate for, say sub $250, I think that would be very attractive.

They won’t make Kona for the same price. Everyone wants it.
But Ioniq is popular only as throw away prices:)

1 Like

If anyone wants a good laugh this morning…

5 Likes

Please press that “Start your deal now” button. For that price, the Ioniq better come with a driver too …

1 Like

If I get bored with this car before the lease terms are up, are there any issues with selling it to Carmax or something similar? Apologies if this question was already answered.

I had to reply, I couldn’t help myself.

4 Likes

That gives them time. Should have called and put them on the spot and hear how they are going to wiggle themselves out of it.
I’m trying to do the same with $480 quote.
I get it that they see there is sudden demand but going from $99 advertised on their own site to $489 is tiny bit tooo greedy:)

1 Like

Yes the biggest issue with selling this is that you will be 3 to 5k negative equity. You cap cost will be 17k, residual 14k and carmax offer will be 10k … Enjoy!

2 Likes

I spoke to them, they will tell you it’s automatic response without any incentives… blah blah… then you start pressing them on deal, they will tell you to come over, sit down. Don’t waste your time with Keisha she is in internet sales dept. Go on their website, click meet out team, pick any actual sales person, call the number, ask to talk to that guy. Tell him you don’t want to waste your time with internet sales team, tell them what you need. I got few offers from NJ dealers varies between 120-140. Good luck

1 Like

The response to your witty sarcasm will be
“We absolutely want to get you the best price. When can you come down for a test drive so we can discuss the ‘numbers’” Car salesperson is the career move you make when you look for a promotion after your realize that “paper or plastic” and “would you like fries” are not real jobs.

In the internet economy, showroom car sales person is a job soon to be made redundant …

Car salesmen and bdc salesgirls are not the brightest of the lot … (Apologies and exceptions made for chevysalesgirl and ToyotaCody :))

2 Likes